Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conflicting Numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Conflicting Numbers

Probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but since I happened upon it after trying to figure out my target range for FC with my SWG pool, it seems the FC recommendation on these two pages is different:

Gallons 13,860 / IG Pebble / Hayward OmniLogic / Hayward Swim Clear Filter / Hayward EcoStar / Hayward TriStar VS (for water features) / Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump / Date of build 3/11/16 / Other features: Spa / Hayward Colorlogic LED lights (2 in pool / 1 in spa) / Pentair LED Bubblers (2 one on each sun shelf) / Pentair Color Cascade Laminars (4 around pool) / Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conflicting Numbers

This has been brought to the forum's attention before.

Go with the top one. Meaning 4 -6 The CYA chart states 4 - 6 for a CYA of 80. 3 - 5 for 70.

CYA readings are very "range-ish" and a somewhat subjective test. Better to err on the high side. If you have a CYA of 70, a 6ppm FC sin't going to hurt anything.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Conflicting Numbers

Thanks. I'll work on that. I would say that the FC/CYA Chart is the go to authority.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Conflicting Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    I would say that the FC/CYA Chart is the go to authority.
    Sorry, can you clarify this ^

Edit - nevermind, I now realize that was a link. The link didn't show up in the Tapatalk app I was using. Sorry.

Gallons 13,860 / IG Pebble / Hayward OmniLogic / Hayward Swim Clear Filter / Hayward EcoStar / Hayward TriStar VS (for water features) / Hayward HeatPro Heat Pump / Date of build 3/11/16 / Other features: Spa / Hayward Colorlogic LED lights (2 in pool / 1 in spa) / Pentair LED Bubblers (2 one on each sun shelf) / Pentair Color Cascade Laminars (4 around pool) / Taylor K-2006 Test Kit