Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Caretaker Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Caretaker Problems

I have a Caretaker 99 5 port system with a few problems 1. Low pressure cone filter clean! 2. The cone filter needs to cleaned at least 2 times a day! My main filter is a 4 cartridge Hayward!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Caretaker Problems

Hello and welcome to TFP! I'm curious, so others may be as well... even though I don't have the Careteker floor system, I'm wondering if there is any chance algae could be contributing to your pressure problem. Do you have your own test kit by which to post some water test results? Perhaps another Caretaker owner will reply with some advice as well. We'll watch for updates and try to help any way we can. Nice to have you with us.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/...tl/tl-1301.pdf
    How to Unclog a Caretaker 5-Port Valve or Caretaker 99 In-Floor Cleaning System - YouTube
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Debris should not be able to reach the filter on the caretaker.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

I get a lot of debris in that little cone filter it will take a garden hose to clean it out! I just wonder why? Chlorine 3/6, PH 7.5, Alkalinity 120, Hardness 300, Cyanuric Acid 40
    12000 gallon in ground w pebble tech finish - Kool Deck - All Hayward equipment - caretaker 99 system - Fountain Feature

5. Back To Top    #5

Are you sure there is no damage inn your main pool filter?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I am going to take a look today! I will post my findings!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Are you sure there is no damage inn your main pool filter?
    12000 gallon in ground w pebble tech finish - Kool Deck - All Hayward equipment - caretaker 99 system - Fountain Feature

7. Back To Top    #7

After inspection the filter I found that algae had the 4 cartridge filters plugged. A good cleaning and the system is happy including the Caretaker pop ups!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmerc50 View Post
    I am going to take a look today! I will post my findings!

8. Back To Top    #8

Algae will quickly do that.

You should clean the filter when the pressure rises 20-25% over the clean pressure.

Are you following the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process to clean up the algae problem?
    Jason, TFP Moderator