22' Winter Cover

Yeah, so I bought a 22' round AGP because it was such a better deal price wise. Well I can't find anyone who makes a decent cover for a 22' pool and the one that came with it certainly isn't going to cut it as it isn't even really a winter cover and is already getting small tears. So, what size cover do I buy? I know a 24' will certainly fit and with some straps I could secure it but would be a good bit of extra material. Do you think I could stretch a 21' instead? Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would get a 24' cover, and keep about 12 bleach bottles from the summer's chlorine treatments to hang from the grommets (filled 1/2 way with water) to keep it tight across the top of the pool.

Stretching a cover is a recipe for disaster... as any plastic gets stretched, it gets thinner, and will result in tearing, especially with the weight of snow, and ice added to the equation.

I'd say it depends on the cover and what you do to winterize.

The cover I bought is designed to lay on the water surface, even when it freezes. Since I drain my pool down below the lowest plumbing hole in the side, I need a cover that comes down the outside a foot or so, over the top rail, and down the inside to the lowered water level.

My 20' pool needed about a 25' cover, and I could have gone bigger.

I don't have to worry about pillows or keeping water/snow/ice off of a suspended top either, which is nice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.