New to Site and Intro

MLC

Jun 15, 2016
Asheville
Hi, I'm once again tackling this pool alone. It has been two years since I have had the pleasure of taking care of it. ;) Needless to say I'm a little, well a lot frustrated with it this year. I've been working on it for about 2 weeks now and it's to the point of very cloudy....just won't clear up. I read someone said that putting Clorox in the pool every night would clear it up. I put some clarifying solution in it yesterday morning and the 36 hour point will be tomorrow morning at 7. Should I put Clorox in or wait and put more clarify-er? I've paid a lot on stuff called Burn Out from the pool store. I've put probably 20lbs in it over a two week period. It's the kinds I have to mix. Any help would be much appreciated!! :cool:

MLC, hi and welcome to TFP! :wave: First thing .... stop adding anything to your water other than regular bleach. Generic is fine, it doesn't have to be a brand name. Just not splashless or scented of any type - just plain. First thing .... we need to see your test results from either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Either of those two kits provides you with all the accurate results you need and it's easy to do. That HAS to be step one so you know exactly what to add or do next. Anything else is guessing, and we don't like to guess here at TFP. :)

For now, simply add about 1/2 gallon of bleach to the water each night until you get one of those kits. Let us know when you get it and post a full set of results please. Also refer to the vital links below in my sig for more great info. Nice to have you with us.