Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Did I buy the wrong valve for my Pentair DE system?

1. Back To Top    #1

Did I buy the wrong valve for my Pentair DE system?

So I purchased a sta-rite S7MD60. I was told that a 18201-0200 would work. However, I am now reading in the manual that I need a 18201-0300. Their both 2" and the 0200 seems to fit perfectly.
    Pool: 40k gallon pool shaped as a trapazoid. 10ft / 3ft deep
    Filter: Starite S7MD60 / Pump: Pentair Inteliflo multi speed pump /Robo Cleaner: Kreepy Krauly 830
    Pool heater: Rheem PM m336a (Legacy) / Control: Pentair EasyTouch PL4 Control
    Light: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G White

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Did I buy the wrong valve for my Pentair DE system?

They both will fit the filter, the difference is the 0300 the water enters the filter from the top and leaves the filter at the bottom. The 0200 enters the filter at bottom and leaves at top. It was used for the S7D75 D.E., which backwashes differently

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by kadavis View Post
    They both will fit the filter, the difference is the 0300 the water enters the filter from the top and leaves the filter at the bottom. The 0200 enters the filter at bottom and leaves at top. It was used for the S7D75 D.E., which backwashes differently
    Thanks you for the response. Not what I wanted to hear!

The other difference is that the pictures have it such that the in / out and backwash ports on the valve are on the opposite sides. 200 vs 300. Forcing me to redo all my piping to accommodate the new filter? Is that accurate?

Thank you
    Pool: 40k gallon pool shaped as a trapazoid. 10ft / 3ft deep
    Filter: Starite S7MD60 / Pump: Pentair Inteliflo multi speed pump /Robo Cleaner: Kreepy Krauly 830
    Pool heater: Rheem PM m336a (Legacy) / Control: Pentair EasyTouch PL4 Control
    Light: Pentair IntelliBrite 5G White

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

In the Industry

These modular D.E. filters do not backwash very well anyways. You could go with a standard slide valve, part no. 14935-0300. According to pictures I've seen the pump port and the return port are in same position. If you used a muliport on previous filter it probably won't line up right. Different manufacturers different design