Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build

Looks like it's going to be great! Having to wait is always difficult.

On the rendering of the outdoor kitchen, I note there are stools behind the grill on the raised bar area. Just a word of warning that you won't want to sit there if the grill is on. They may have just placed the stools there on the rendering but it gets mighty hot right behind the grill. I have a raised bar behind my grill too as I wanted it for the aesthetics and to be able to have outlets on the inside there and it's nice to have the surface blocked off from the pool (safe place for phones etc).

thank you, you're right. It's a raised bar, but there's also a lower counter below it as well. Truth is, we are still contemplating the grill area. I suspect we'll stay with it, but sometimes i wonder if it's worth it. It will only have a fridge and a grill.

Dig got moved to July 18th now from 12 July. A positive of our PB is they have their own Excavation Crews. The Negative is they have their own excavation crews. The crew that was assigned to us, ended up hitting a structure on another dig that was buried so it took 4 days to do the demoltion.

Dig got moved to July 18th now from 12 July. A positive of our PB is they have their own Excavation Crews. The Negative is they have their own excavation crews. The crew that was assigned to us, ended up hitting a structure on another dig that was buried so it took 4 days to do the demoltion.

Yikes, that one had to sting. However, 6 days won't be the end of the world. Keep us posted.

Tomorrow morning is finally our dig. They had rescheduled it for this past Saturday, but we had a freak rain storm Friday morning and the dump was closed for their trucks.

So, tomorrow it is.

We had decided we wanted to contemplate a swim jet, but don't have pricing and we'd need to decide very soon.

Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yea, hated to see my grass destroyed, but it is what it is!

They started about 9am.

we decided to do a sports pool so 4' x 5.5' x 4.5'

Like the last minute switch! I was just walking in my gunite yesterday and boy it goes from 4 to 5.5 QUICK, which is preferred by me. I didn't want them to grade the pool too shallow.

Just need rebar, inspection, pre-plumb and you will be good for Gunite! I wouldn't be surprised if you were Gunited by Friday.

Like the last minute switch! I was just walking in my gunite yesterday and boy it goes from 4 to 5.5 QUICK, which is preferred by me. I didn't want them to grade the pool too shallow.

Just need rebar, inspection, pre-plumb and you will be good for Gunite! I wouldn't be surprised if you were Gunited by Friday.

they are thinking gunite Friday/Saturday or Monday.

either way not bad.

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build (updated with video/pics)

biggest surprise, although I knew from all the other photos of builds, is the utter destruction of the yard where the excavators and bobcats drive. I guess you just have to experience it! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.