Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build

I apologize for sounding so negative; it's the absolute last thing you want to hear after you sign the contract. But I have heard some not very good experiences recently from people in our community wth them. Not quality related but timing and extreme difficulty in getting things finshed. However, every build is different and yours may be smooth sailing and early swimming, fingers crossed.

I apologize for sounding so negative; it's the absolute last thing you want to hear after you sign the contract. But I have heard some not very good experiences recently from people in our community wth them. Not quality related but timing and extreme difficulty in getting things finshed. However, every build is different and yours may be smooth sailing and early swimming, fingers crossed.

kpag
I sent you a private message.

Very frustrated today. I was under the impression we would start our dig next week. Today, they tell me July 12th is earliest. is it just me or is that a long way out? this is a very reputable company in north Dallas and pretty large. We got permits approved May 25th. Just seems very far out. Maybe they are just very busy.

Ok, venting complete!

I know how you feel! We waited about 6 weeks to break ground on our pool project. We are 7 weeks in but have been delayed significantly by rain, so we are figuring another 4-5 weeks before we can swim. Out where we live, we are in need of rain so its hard for me to complain but its so hard to be patient! I hope they start your project soon! :drown:

It's fine. I think the most important thing is that you trust your PB and what timeframe they agree to.

We hopefully (fingers crossed) dig Tuesday. May 23rd contract signed. Permits in June 20th. Financing closed 22nd. Dig schedule for the 28th.

I know how you feel! We waited about 6 weeks to break ground on our pool project. We are 7 weeks in but have been delayed significantly by rain, so we are figuring another 4-5 weeks before we can swim. Out where we live, we are in need of rain so its hard for me to complain but its so hard to be patient! I hope they start your project soon! :drown:

thanks, scheduled for July 12th if no rain happens. I see there's a chance here Tuesday in DFW but not a huge chance, so we'll see what happens.

thanks, scheduled for July 12th if no rain happens. I see there's a chance here Tuesday in DFW but not a huge chance, so we'll see what happens.

Two weeks away! :goodjob: It will fly by since we have a holiday weekend coming up.

My PB won't quote me anything lowen 8-12 weeks... I have a gut feeling if they get perfect sunshine, they will be able to knock it out in 45 days. I hope I am right :D

We're the same way they say 8-12 weeks, but they say they'll have dig/plumbing/rebar/gunite all the first week. we don't have a ton of decking, only about 500sq feet, maybe slightly less. I was hoping labor day, but I think it's doubtful. I'll be happy if it's done by mid September, LOL.

Our own fault, we thought about doing last November, but just delayed it due to being busy. I have a daughter who plays volleyball on a national travel team and we were all over (Philadelphia, San Antonio, Houston, etc.) plus with other things going on.

I can feel your pain...I'm in Prosper, we dug in early March, and are still not finished.....this last little bit of stuff seems to be dragging on.

Who is the PB? I am curious.

We're the same way they say 8-12 weeks, but they say they'll have dig/plumbing/rebar/gunite all the first week. we don't have a ton of decking, only about 500sq feet, maybe slightly less. I was hoping labor day, but I think it's doubtful. I'll be happy if it's done by mid September, LOL.

Our own fault, we thought about doing last November, but just delayed it due to being busy. I have a daughter who plays volleyball on a national travel team and we were all over (Philadelphia, San Antonio, Houston, etc.) plus with other things going on.

I think you will be swimming by Labor Day. I think a lot of these guys underpromise and overdeliver. Standard sales technique to get you to leave a rave feedback.

Finally made our final selection:

Decking is QDI tumbled Travertine in Crema (new color) in Versailles Pattern
Coping is QDI Tumbled Travertine in Crema 12" x 24" 5cm with bullnose
spa siding and rear wall will be QDI Travertine Nysa Splitface in Z Pattern
Tile is Lightstreams Glass Tile Gold Iridescent Steel Blue in a random 60/40 mix, with 60 being shiny side and 40 being iridescent side. We're going to the use a 90 degree bent glass tile in the same size for the trim pieces on spa spillover (shiny side only).
Surface is going to be PebbleSheen Blue Surf with 2 bags of Abalone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Sweet selections! Ahhh I bet you can't wait! It took several weeks once we contracted before they dug as well. Mine was more permit delays with NRH. I'm ready to see your process, are pools are kind of similar.

Good luck!!

Thank you! for us it was the PB being backed up from rain. Surprisingly, we got our permits fast through Frisco. The PB was concerned about the firepit as Frisco says it has to be at least 15' from any structure and ours isn't. However, I did a lot of research and ours isn't technically a firepit, it's a decorative item with commercial burner and rated as such. I told the PB they owe me as they now have a way to do these in Frisco from my research and getting all the certifications from the manufacturer, LOL.

Thank you! for us it was the PB being backed up from rain. Surprisingly, we got our permits fast through Frisco. The PB was concerned about the firepit as Frisco says it has to be at least 15' from any structure and ours isn't. However, I did a lot of research and ours isn't technically a firepit, it's a decorative item with commercial burner and rated as such. I told the PB they owe me as they now have a way to do these in Frisco from my research and getting all the certifications from the manufacturer, LOL.

Dang that's awesome! I should have looked into that because I wanted something similar but had to be 10' from the house....how the PBs don't know this is beyond me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang that's awesome! I should have looked into that because I wanted something similar but had to be 10' from the house....how the PBs don't know this is beyond me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's Grand Effects brand

here's the website: Grand Effects Gallery - Firepit Inserts

The inserts are CSA certified, once Frisco saw that, they were cool with it. It's not designed to burn items, but as a decorative placement, like the natural gas lanterns on the front of many homes here for porch lights, etc.

Looks like it's going to be great! Having to wait is always difficult.

On the rendering of the outdoor kitchen, I note there are stools behind the grill on the raised bar area. Just a word of warning that you won't want to sit there if the grill is on. They may have just placed the stools there on the rendering but it gets mighty hot right behind the grill. I have a raised bar behind my grill too as I wanted it for the aesthetics and to be able to have outlets on the inside there and it's nice to have the surface blocked off from the pool (safe place for phones etc).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.