A Unique Pool - Stock Tank - 1100 Gallons - Recommended Starting Equipment?

Jun 7, 2016
Atlanta
I have read that small pools are suggested to be emptied and refilled, but the threads that said that were addressing kiddy pools. 1100 gallons may not be a lot, but it is enough for me to sit in up to my chin and relax with a beer or stretch out and float so it is perfect for me.

1100 gallons is too much to fill in a day and have it warmed by the sun in time enough to enjoy it that afternoon, but it still seems like it may get icky if I leave it for a week or two. So far I filled it once for 5 days, emptied it and started reading this forum, and now it sits there waiting on your advice.

At this size, what kind of filter and chemicals/basic equipment should I get, if any..? Mosquitoes and algae are my main concerns.

I am cheap and would rather not have extension cords through my land but if needed I'll do that.

I have ordered a water test kit--it will get here Friday--but currently my pool is empty so there is no water to test anyways.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.