Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG % after shock??

1. Back To Top    #1

St Augustine, FL

SWG % after shock??

Unfortunately let my FC get down to 1 and a algae brown green dust followed fast! Shocked the pool and got it back to crystal clear again. My SWG is at 40% and I was wondering if I should keep it that high or lower it. We are using the pool daily at present. 20 hours after shock my PH is 7.5, FC at 12, CC 0 TA 70 and CYA at about 55. What % should I adjust my swg to and when is it safe to take a dip??

Completed Dec 15. 19000 gal in ground salt, marcite marquis plaster, Pentair Intellichlor ic40, Intelliflo 3hp var.speed, cartridge filter, Ultratemp heat pump 120

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: SWG % after shock??

Chlorine level is set based on CYA and the Chlorine CYA Chart. Set your SWG so that your FC is above minimum when the SWG turns back on the next day.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: SWG % after shock??

The pool is safe for swimming when you can see the bottom in the deepest area, and the FC is less than the Shock level for your CYA level (and more than the minimum as mentioned). See Chlorine CYA Chart posted by pooldv above

See recommended pool chemical levels at: Pool School - Recommended Levels
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766 Salt, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Pentair Rebel pool cleaner; FlowViz flow meter; prior pool AG 10k - Be Safe - FC / CYA Chart - Become a TFP Supporter - Read Before Posting