Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX. Updated 7/30/16

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX. Updated 7/30/16

Started construction on our new pool outside of Fort Worth, TX last Saturday! Gunite got finished today, no small matter given the rain challenges we've had lately.

It's 4' - 8' deep with a diving rock area, and spa. Will have a rock weeping wall above the opposite bench. Still finalizing tile and plaster decisions.

Here's a few pics to kick this off:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build outside of Fort Worth, TX

That looks great. May I ask what size is the pool?
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you! It's 41' at the longest point, and I think about 20-21 as an avg width. I think it came in at 125 perimeter feet or so.

4. Back To Top    #4

First beer by the pool!

End of a long week...

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Your gunite is beautiful, and I love the pool design. And the sunset photo? OMG! It makes me well up. My son would think he was in heaven to have his evening cigar in front of that sunset! Thanks so much for sharing that special photo. Oh, my other son would like the beer photo best!
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Good looking pool and what a great setting!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

7. Back To Top    #7

very good progress, your backyard views are great with no direct back neighbors
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks great! Keep us posted on the progress.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Was the gunite shot in the rain or was that a flash coat?
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

That's a BIG beautiful pool you have started there! Welcome to TFP!
    Thanks for posting pictures! We looooovvvveeeee pictures!!!
    We love for you to create a signature with all the particulars of your pool. It helps the experts here to better answer any of your questions. Plus, many new people like to know the particulars of pools they like so they can incorporate various elements (like plaster choice) into their build. Also, if you haven't gotten a test kit yet, the TF-100 is the one most folks here use and love.

Looking forward to to seeing more of your progress. If you have chosen your deck/coping/tiles/plaster, we'd love to see pictures of your choices. Did I mention we LOVE pictures???

Blessings!
    Denise
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks for the kind words ya'll! So much left to do, but we've made alot of progress considering all the rain, and the fact we only dug last Saturday.

Suz, I really dig your pool(pardon the pun). If I had only seen those steps a few weeks ago...

BDavis,

The answer to your question is yes, kinda.

After they did the steel, the steel guys were worried the walls might cave in before the gunite crews could get there, so they got bags of cement, and spread it out all over the walls, bottom, and topside deck area of the pool. It wasn't a flash coat, but I really think it helped, because it did rain, and hard. They also put plastic out to protect walls.

When the gunite crew was there the next day, they were afraid they might not finish before the rain got there, so they flash coated the pool, before starting to work on the main deal. There was some of the spraying done in lightish rain, but about 1/3 in they called it quits due to rain. They gave the pool another quick flash coat and left for the day. Yesterday, they came back and finished it all up, mostly in the sun. The gunite supervisor, and PB assured me this was not uncommon, and that it would be ok.

The whole dig/shoot wasn't ideal, and it wasn't the way I would have preferred it all go down. But it's done, and I've got lots of pics should the judgement/conditions ever be called in to question later.
    Construction began 5/2016. IGF pool. 41' x 21'. Jandy DEV60, Jandy 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 280 Black Max, Rainbow 320 chlorinator, Jandy JXI 400, Jandy iAqualink, Jandy LED's. 2'x2'x10' rock weeping wall. Dive rock. Tile/Plaster: NPT Silverstone AquaMarine Decking: Stained Stamped Concrete/Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads and abalone. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Fort-Worth-TX

12. Back To Top    #12

Oh wow that is one huge pool! Can't wait to see it finished with another sunset photo!
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

13. Back To Top    #13

From looking at the pictures, you have the same excavation crew and gunite guys as us. They all did a great job. Rain has been rough this year. Hope to have plaster and water this week after it dries up.

Matt
    19,600 Gallons, 34'x24' Cloud Shape, 3.5'-6'-4', 2 Skimmers, 4 returns, natural gray plaster, Oklahoma Flagstone, NPT Silverstone Ocean Blue waterline and maker tiles, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST, Pentair EasyTouch 4, Pentair Intellibrite 5g Color Led light, Polaris 280 cleaner, 1.5 ton moss rock waterfall, 785 sq. ft. exposed aggregate deck, and mosaic crab on bench, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Just ordered a TF-100 kit with speed stir from http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html. Time to start studying at Pool School.
    Construction began 5/2016. IGF pool. 41' x 21'. Jandy DEV60, Jandy 2hp 2sp pump, Polaris 280 Black Max, Rainbow 320 chlorinator, Jandy JXI 400, Jandy iAqualink, Jandy LED's. 2'x2'x10' rock weeping wall. Dive rock. Tile/Plaster: NPT Silverstone AquaMarine Decking: Stained Stamped Concrete/Stonescapes Aqua Blue with glass beads and abalone. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-Fort-Worth-TX

15. Back To Top    #15

Plumbing Day!

Plus my new PoolChem test rig!

16. Back To Top    #16

you can make the images show up inthe forum by adding [img] before and [/img] after the url http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps8ly4mji5.jpg
    [img] http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps8ly4mji5.jpg [/img]

just remove the leading and trailing space and get this

Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

17. Back To Top    #17

Thanks! I'm hacking my way through it...

18. Back To Top    #18

Got some updates! Electrical has been done, except for lights. Plumbing finished. Gas line for heater done. Tile and coping in progress. Also got some prewiring done for low voltage lighting, and added a few outlets, including an outdoor outlet near pool equipment anticipating a Stenner set up.

What do ya'll think about the coping?

Sorry about upside down pic. No amount of editing in photobucket will seem to change the orientation on this post. Even though it's correct in Photobucket.

19. Back To Top    #19

As an aside, as I look at the plumbing, I'm left wondering how in the world they will replace a valve when one inevitably fails? I wish I had picked up on this while they were doing it...

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Technobuyer View Post
    As an aside, as I look at the plumbing, I'm left wondering how in the world they will replace a valve when one inevitably fails? I wish I had picked up on this while they were doing it...
    Looks great. I feel the coping really makes a pool go from good to great; yours is awesome looking. I see what you're saying about the valves. But nothing to worry about. You can simply dig some dirt out if needed to replace. If you have grass around it then you'll have to reseed but they will be able to get to it (just be a bit messy).
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast