Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proper connections

1. Back To Top    #1

Proper connections

Good evening!
    I need to know if my connections are right. If not, a pic of proper connection would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

My name is Patrick Escoto
    I live in Monaca, PA
    My pool is a 33' round above ground pool. My pump and filter is a Voyager SwimPro and I also have a Nature2 VisionPro Mineral Sanitizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Proper connections

So it appears you go skimmer to pump to filter to Nature II.

So that would be correct.

Whats leaking why is every thing so wet?

Finally as a former Nature II owner I would get rid of it. No matter what they tell you its essentially a fancy tab feeder. Those all CYA to your pool ever time. So eventually you need to drain (unless you live in Orlando).

We recommend liquid chlorine or a SWG. I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It will help you better understand whats going on with your pool.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, proper water flow is pump, filter, swg, pool. Mineral sanitizers add metal to your water which will build up and eventually stain the pool, water, hair, fingernails, dogs all green. Look around here and you will find lots of people spending lots of time and money trying to get copper out of their pools. And copper will not sanitize your water by killing bacteria and viruses to prevent person to person disease transmission. To do that you must have chlorine in the pool. And the chlorine will also kill the algae so there is really no point in adding the copper to your pool.

More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Water is from me cleaning out the pump.
    Water is completely green.
    I have 3 bags of Bioguard Super Shock and 1 bottle of algecide to add. Will this help?
    Thanks

I live in Monaca, PA
    My pool is a 33' round above ground pool. My pump and filter is a Voyager SwimPro and I also have a Nature2 VisionPro Mineral Sanitizer.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Yes, proper water flow is pump, filter, swg, pool. Mineral sanitizers add metal to your water which will build up and eventually stain the pool, water, hair, fingernails, dogs all green. Look around here and you will find lots of people spending lots of time and money trying to get copper out of their pools. And copper will not sanitize your water by killing bacteria and viruses to prevent person to person disease transmission. To do that you must have chlorine in the pool. And the chlorine will also kill the algae so there is really no point in adding the copper to your pool.

More here, Alternative sanitizers and pools--The Truth!!
    Thanks!
    We've been told by a friend who worked for Pool City for years that straight liquid bleach is the best way to go.
    Our water is green at this time and it's 24,000 gallons so I'm not sure how to get it back to clear.

I live in Monaca, PA

6. Back To Top    #6

Patrick, you have a couple things hurting your water right now ... that mineral system is probably adding metals to your water which can change its color, and I don't see one of the recommended test kits listed in your signature (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C). So two things I would recommend right away before we can really proceed with clarity are:
    1 - Remove the mineral system products right away to stop adding metal to the water
    2 - Obtain a TF-100 (XL Option w/ Speed Stir) or Taylor K-2006 test kit.

Add nothing else to your water (no pool store products) other than about 1/2 gallon of regular (plain) bleach each evening. We need those test results though.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Got it! Thanks!

I live in Monaca, PA

8. Back To Top    #8

If you can return the algaecide for a refund I would. What are the ingredients on the super shock?
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

I noticed this evening that the pressure gauge on the top of my filter tank is at 0-10. Could this be an issue as to what's going on with the water?

I live in Monaca, PA

10. Back To Top    #10

I doubt it. While the accuracy of your gauge is important to monitor filter pressure and when to backwash, it has nothing to do with the chemical balance of your pool. That's all on the proper test kit as noted above. Hopefully you will have a TF-100 test kit soon so you know for sure the condition of your water. That's #1.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

11. Back To Top    #11

Just an FYI....
    Still waiting on the freakin' test kit! Called today and they said it hadn't even been shipped yet! Told them it better be free now since I ordered it on JUNE 5TH!!!
    I will let you know when it arrives.
    Thanks!

I live in Monaca, PA

12. Back To Top    #12

Where did you order the TF-100 from? TFTestkits.net has it in stock always and will ship within 24 hours.
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

Ordered it from pool supply world and it just came today!
    Ordered it JUNE 5TH!!!
    So, now that summer is half over, I'm ready to figure out what is going on with my water! Most of the "swamp" green color is gone but still cloudy.
    I'm ready for any and all instructions on where to start.

I live in Monaca, PA

14. Back To Top    #14

Alright! Post a full set of results for us.

15. Back To Top    #15

Uhhhh......not sure which to do first!

I live in Monaca, PA

16. Back To Top    #16

Doesn't matter which order but do them all for us. You can follow the Pool School - Extended Test Kit Directions page if you need help. We need to see them all:
    FC
    CC
    CYA
    PH
    TA
    CH

17. Back To Top    #17

OK
    So I did CH and Ph first
    Ch is in the 5-10
    Ph is 7.5

I live in Monaca, PA

18. Back To Top    #18

pH is good. But with CH, you are supposed to mix the solutions and come-up with a number after counting the drops that you multiply by "25". So we would expect your CH result to be something like 200, 250, 375, etc.

19. Back To Top    #19

FC is 6.5
    CC is 1

I live in Monaca, PA

20. Back To Top    #20

Sorry
    Cl is 5-10

I live in Monaca, PA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast