Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin pool cleaner gets stuck on hydrostatic plugs

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin pool cleaner gets stuck on hydrostatic plugs

I remember hearing there is something to put over these things to avoid the cleaner getting stuck..I really need these...anyone know what they are?
    dianne in Bucks County, Penna
    44,000 gallon bare concrete inground pool
    dolphin diagnostic pool cleaner
    pac-fab 48 sq ft. d.e filter
    Hayward CL200 chlorine feeder

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Dolphin pool cleaner gets stuck on hydrostatic plugs

I too recently read about something like little ramps.....but kind of ignored it since I don't have a cleaner like that.

Google came up with this low tech, low cost method: Pool vac stuck on drain | David Vielmetter

and shows this: Hayward Main Drain Bumper - SP1048AVH -

INYO kindly is offering TFPool Supporters discounts too....CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter!!
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northeast, OK

Re: Dolphin pool cleaner gets stuck on hydrostatic plugs

That is one of the only frustrations with the Dolphin in my opinion. My Dolphin is a different model and from time to time it'll get stuck on a 90* angle (one of the stairs or the built in seating bench). If home and if I happen to notice it, I have to gently kick it out of there and then it is usually back its merry way. Otherwise I guess it just dies in place and I have to restart it again upon noticing many hours later.
    "I say BOOMER you say SOONER!"
    •21,000 gallon inground gunite pool
    •Pentair-PacFab Triton II Sand Filter -TR100 •Pentair-PacFab Triton Purex Challenger 1.5 H.P. Single Speed Pump
    •Taylor 2006 test kit •Dolphin Nautilus-99996323