New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

Got some landscaping up. Still need sod, landscaping lighting, and a lot of these plants to be set into the ground. Also we decided to do some borders with mexican pebbles.

IMG_20161019_174126_zpstgqjt8vh.jpg

IMG_20161019_174155_zpszhbyb32b.jpg

IMG_20161019_174317_zpsypizsmri.jpg

image-20161016_112717_zpsdsfqgdzr.jpg

Are bubblers what causing my ph to climb up all the time is it TA imbalance? I know that Ph creeps up with a new pool(water in pool for 2.5 months now) but I think ever since I turned on the bubblers, my ph has always been kind of high even with constant acid dumping. The bubblers are making my pool swooshing around if that makes a difference. My Ta is off, around 50. I don't want to dump more baking soda in since the pb are going to drain my pool to half way to fix the interior tile markers.

Any kind of aeration will cause your PH to go up. When I want to push my PH up I just turn my return up so it rolls the water. It does not have to break the water to do it. Just a good roll does it so..........think of how much the bubblers must be pushing it up.

When is the PB going to do the work? You do not want your CSI (look at pool math for it) to be to far from 0. Do some searches on here for CSI and how to work it.

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL (Completed!)

Hey there from Clermont, FL. Who is doing your build?

We went with an enclosure so we were bug free and also because we don't have a fence between the neighbors.

As for our temps...the water was about 82-ish during the summer. Figure about halfway between the high and the low of the day and that's where it will be. Also depends on amount of direct sun vs shade you have.

Great looking pool. Keep us updated!!

ITR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL (Completed!)

Artesian Pools was our PB. I have a misting system installed and so far it is only working okay. Still have a lot of tinkering to do. I believe I don't have enough nozzles for this yard..but I also don't want nozzles running from my pergola.

Artesian Pools was our PB. I have a misting system installed and so far it is only working okay. Still have a lot of tinkering to do. I believe I don't have enough nozzles for this yard..but I also don't want nozzles running from my pergola.

Artesian did our pool too. (In fact if you search YouTube for Artesian Pool Construction, the elapsed time videos we did of our build should be out there still). For the most part it went well, but we had to stay on them quite a bit (which, to be fair, seems to par for the course with contractors down here). Greg was our designer and that's what really sold us after seeing his drawing. One thing that really upset us was we spent so much time deciding on colors for tiles, etc...when it came time to do the build, they couldn't get the marker tiles we chose. So we went back and couldn't find anything at Artesian. We ended up going to two different tile places and finally found one that was acceptable. In the end, they made it right, but we wish they would have secured the product up front when we chose it.

Vicky was our PM and she was fabulous to work with. And dealing with warranty repairs has been pretty much "no questions asked". Charlie (the start-up guy and minor repair guy) is super knowledgeable....but didn't seems to have time to want to hear about the BBB/TFP method...great guy, but very set in his ways.

Good luck...you will absolutely love it!

**edit** I just realized you are already done. I must not have read to the end of the thread. Love how it turned out!!

Are bubblers what causing my ph to climb up all the time is it TA imbalance? I know that Ph creeps up with a new pool(water in pool for 2.5 months now) but I think ever since I turned on the bubblers, my ph has always been kind of high even with constant acid dumping. The bubblers are making my pool swooshing around if that makes a difference. My Ta is off, around 50. I don't want to dump more baking soda in since the pb are going to drain my pool to half way to fix the interior tile markers.

My pH climbed quickly for six months and then less so the next six months after that. Now we only add about 12-20oz a week depending on the rise...but for the first year, it's totally normal to be chasing it. A TA of 50 is exactly what I stay at. You don't want to go high if your pH is climbing. I say leave it at 50 as long as your CSI is in check (or even slightly negative).

Henry was my designer but we pretty much designed it ourselves by submitting a blue print. Overall the experience was okay. It was significantly delayed because the guys who does the plumbing has a full time fire fighting job so that took 3 weeks..also the pool sat for 3 weeks after the gunite for no real purpose. I wish Henry gave us more options such as asking us if we wanted marker tiles. We didn't know the ones they put down matches our wall tiles until it was too late...so we had to pay more $$$ to replace them with a ribbon style glass tile. Lastly I was not happy that the feature pump is a 1 speed 2hp pump. Given the amount of water it pushes through, I feel that a variable pump would of been good considering I don't turn on the pergola rain fall all the time(due to wind). Now all that energy is wasted going to the return at 2.3kw/hr draw.

I am however very satisfied with their services after the pool is built and also their pricing was extremely fair. I had quotes in the 110s and the pool was going to be smaller.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.