You get yours, I'll get mine build in Navasota, TX

Finally got the decking done! Hopefully on sat we can move the outdoor kitchen to its new home and get the grill installed. Water is still crystal clear and we are loving it! Plan on getting 5-6 pallets of sod sat morning and get that laid and then we will start on the landscaping.

As for the shop, materials will be dropped Monday and the building will start on Tuesday. I am very excited!

brett

10683dd2def582a9a564e963902584f5_zps3mp18ycn.jpg

416dcf230771b517c21a13cd3b32b212_zpsxfbucqi0.jpg

e062bda1143490dfcba7f73a4e9a2eb0_zpsgxdt7aql.jpg

e0391d52540012bfa6e80adcded9cf5a_zpspyg78xpf.jpg

Loving life for sure with that pretty pool and patio! Nice job!

Just think...........get hot from sod work=jump in pool then get back to work! LOVE IT!

Kim:cat:

Thats the plan for sure! Ready to have all these projects done. The mud everywhere is getting old!

Beautiful country you have there, up here in Frisco....not so many trees. :D

Looks really nice!

Thanks. It was solid woods when we bought. I cleared it myself with a Dozer and trackhoe. Took out all the pines on the interior and left hardwoods. Only pines are along my property line buffer area and a few along the creek I haven't cut yet.

We need to get it mowed, but the rain we have had washed out my 8.5'x20' culvert that allows me to easily get to the back of the property. Always something.

Brett

deck came out looking good, sod laying will be fun... we did 3 pallets and its more than what i would want to do again lol... but it will definitely change the look around the pool.,, I'm in on the new building update aswell..

deck came out looking good, sod laying will be fun... we did 3 pallets and its more than what i would want to do again lol... but it will definitely change the look around the pool.,, I'm in on the new building update aswell..

I'm not looking forward to it. Did 10 pallets by myself one day when my helper had something come up. It was no fun in August. 5-6 shouldn't be to bad. Might talk some guys I work into coming and helping but I hate to ruin their day too! I figure using the tractor I can get the pallets about where they are needed and hopefully it'll go faster! Word on the street is rain could be coming at the first of the week so that'll help it take for sure

brett

Pool is looking great TA is 20 so I'll be checking the Ph again adjust as needed to 7.2 ish and I guess start dumping in some baking soda. Waiting a another week till I test cya. Just letting the tabs add it slowly as were easing into pool ownership.

Now for the shop! Builder will be getting in Monday afternoon. Seems like a great guy and will be staying at our place in a camper. Gonna see if I can talk them in to framing up my pool equipment cover while they are here too. Getting very excited to get this finished. Pricing led 4' shop lights and it's looking like it'll be pretty bright in there when I'm done!

brett

Barn materials arrived later than planned but builder jumped up it quick. Holes were dug yesterday morning with material arriving around 4pm. They had all the poles set for the building last night. This is where we are today at 5p. They are kicking butt. Picked up another door. I'm using doors like some use Windows.

Heres the latest greatest specs

total under roof
52x84x15

enclosed
40x60

40x24 gable extension
12x84 lean to

3-12x12 doors
2-10x10 doors

going to frame and plumb in a bathroom/changing area for pool guests. Also going to use the lean-to as extra sq ft for pool parties!

concrete is going in Monday

brett

7C5ECF88-21B4-4795-A10C-6CDCE90DD524_zps2arhv1ex.jpg

58404731-9F96-47FE-8EA9-9976CA4EFB83_zps41ohr83t.jpg

8CAB43B9-72A2-4034-A4B8-553A1E654FD5_zpsv0l2azf1.jpg

That is looking great! Go big, or go home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Hahahaha. That's the spirit. I'm waiting to get an earful from my bride in the morning. We are both working tonight and she missed a lot of today. When she saw the posts up yesterday she asked me what in the world was I building and why was it so big. I only need half that space! I tried to tell her I showed her how big it was and she obviously wasn't paying attention

Brett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The old "we had this conversation. Don't you remember?"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

I need you in my corner! She can't complain to much because she held the 300' tape when I was laying the building out. I would ask her opinion and she would just say she didn't care and whatever I wanted. Once she sees how handy the lean-to will be for storage and party space she's gonna be asking why we waited so long to build it!

brett

I agree! Give me an outdoor bathroom and changing area, and I'm in for whatever you want! Great pictures! Did you ever say what you'll be doing in that huge shop???

I do a bunch of metal work and my wife really wants her garage back. Like most here we have a bunch tied up in vehicles and I'm tired of seeing them get baked in the Texas sun everyday. Our tractor is already getting some interior parts bleached and its 18 months old

brett

You are going to LOVE having all of those doors. No moving anything to get to something else! I see LOTS of cabinets and shelves!

Kim:cat:

hopefully it'll take a while to fill up. Builder and I had a laugh earlier. He was asking where I wanted the man door. The place I showed him was next to a post. If you opened the door, it'll only open 90 degrees before hitting a wall. He said we can put it there but if your carrying anything big thru the door, it might make it harder. I looked at him funny when he realized that there is 5 other big doors to use

they almost have the roof on and are working on the wainscoat

brett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.