You get yours, I'll get mine build in Navasota, TX

Just be glad you have a genny! It could be worse.

Will you be able to run the pump off the genny? LOL

Kim:cat:

power came back on this evening! Only put 20 something hrs on the generator. It's main job is a welder but it puts out 12kw for power too. It will easily run the pump we found out! PB came out early am and got everything going. Pool is green and very cloudy. Can't even see the 3rd step. He put in .5 gallons of metal out by regal and 1 gal of muratic acid. No change. I've brushed the pool 3 times so far.

Another weird thing is the led bubblers. They flow great for a little while, then start to get all crazy. Almost like there's a ball nozzle that's loose and it just starts going round and round. Anyone have any ideas?

brett

The only thing that will clear the green and cloudy water is chlorine. Talk to your PB about being "allowed" to add chlorine. Tell use whatt he says and we will go from there.

he said to crank up the chlorinator when I get home in the morning. I tried out my test kit last night, tf-100 is pretty slick with the magnetic stir. off mon-wed so ill be able to get a little feel for where we are. ideally id love to be able to get in it tues! sundeck is going to be Wednesday and final grade tues!

brett

Nothing new to report. Pool is slowing getting clearish. Still can't see the main drains but it's better by the day. Chlorine is coming up. PH is still high around 8.2. PB isn't really concerned at this point. They are here doing the final grade today. Hoping they will drop some acid in it to bring it down. Cool deck is supposed to happen tomorrow weather depending.

Brett

3DDE0693-5ABC-4A4B-8BAA-C3D622BA8C36_zpsbveta9ye.jpg

That does not look safe to swim in if you can not see the bottom

It is like this since being filled. It's probably close to 75% from the hose and 25% rain water. Fc is 3-4. Ph 8.2. It's just taking it sweet time filtering. The rain really made a mess of things. Really don't think it's unsafe aside from the fact that you can't see the bottom if someone went under. Been sweeping several times a day and it's kicking all the plaster dust up a bunch

Brett

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you added any acid yet?

i was on the verge and they took care of it. PB is awesome and seems to be staying on top of it.

Yeah, I'd be tempted to sneak a little acid in there to drop the PH to 7.8 or so.

They came out last night and dropped 3 gallons of acid in. Came down to 6.8 so I'll test this morning. I'm sure it'll be coming up but hopefully slower as the plaster cures a little more each day.

Brett

- - - Updated - - -

Pool looks great. I'm subscribing for the shop build!

I'm getting excited! Waiting to hear when they are dropping the materials. May be this week or next. Supposed to rain this afternoon and to the weekend. We're getting real sick of it!

brett

Just did my first rounds of test. So the chlorinater is on 5 (wide open) and they put 1 tab in both skimmer baskets yesterday.

FC 25--thinking about removing the skimmer tabs and use in chlorinater or saving for later
CC 0
TC 25
CH 175
Ph 6.8ish, a little higher.

Not real concerned with CYA yet since its brand new and these will more than likely be the only tab used in the pool. Will test when they are gone.

Wayer is is looking great. Can see the main drains and water looks crystal clear. Can't wait for the sun to come out so we can take a gander!

brett

I would remove the ones from the skimmer baskets. Have you been brushing the pool? If not you need to to work on the plaster. It may cause some dust but that is a good thing. The filter will get it.

Lovely bride sent these to me today while I'm working and her and my boy are having fun. We're getting there. Still have to get the sun deck done, wrap up the outdoor kitchen and a few electrical issues like the aqualink and led bubbler lights. Having a strange issue with the bubblers too. They work great for a few mins, then one will start wobbling and the structure of the water column is compromised. Another thing is an intermittent humming or vibration coming from them. Very annoying and PB is trying to figure out what's going on.

Pool is looking great. Ready to slow the pump down though and try to really get this thing crystal clear.

Brett

bee4e5a792503bb1d54c2c4720207645_zpsfmcijsod.jpg

76c520709ebb4dfcb1c2924fc086a1ed_zpsvry91ca9.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.