Greenish Dirt or Algae on bottom of pool

Update: water is sparkly clear just got done cleaning a whole bunch. Got in and disassembled the stairs. You wouldn't believe the layers of algae under them and inside the stairs. Vacuumed it all up and am about to test the water again. Vacuumed most of the pool as well. Test results coming soon.

Also: image.jpg

You're on your way but you're not quite there. The pool is lacking the shimmer of TFP water. Keep at it and keep brushing the pool. You're almost there.

Yup. Granddaughter hates going home til I tell her I have to fund her extravagant lifestyle. Then she jumps into the back of her truck with her shades on and away we go, back to Mommy's house. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yesterday, twice. It was crazy Marian. I have a 24 inch filter too haha!

P.S: I was joking about the pool heater Casey! :p

- - - Updated - - -

Not trying to derail my own topic, but I'm shopping for a light. Any recommendations? I would prefer not to drill a hole through the wall.

If I buy a heater it'll be for my pool! :mrgreen:

I mean my baby's pool. She says everything is hers. LOL

Haha Casey! Went out today, and there looks to be dirt on the bottom of the pool. Doesn't look like the algae from last week. What do you think?

That clear pool tho' ;)

Literally looks like dirt. You probably can't tell because of my iPhone camera, but the color is brown.

I think that what you have is a rare type of mustard algae. It's not like the more common mustard algae. It looks like sand, dirt, de, dead algae etc.

This type of algae requires a fairly persistent Slam with fc at 50 to 60 % of cya.

I would wait and finish out the regular slam. I don't want you to bleach out your liner with high FC. Does it always appear in the same exact place? Readjust your jet(s) to see if that changes anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I also have to admit that I am not a fan of cellulose products as filter-aids. Many people here love them, but I had bad luck with them gumming up my sand. It's probably just a chemistry thing and different from pool to pool. I now use pure diatomaceous earth (DE) in my sand filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.