Hello. First of all i want to thank everyone because i found this great site through google and i feel like you are all very knowledgeable and i will save some $. We bought this house in January. The pool was winterized and had a cover, we paid the pool store to come and 'open it'. We dont know for sure the volume of the pool. The store said we had extremely high level of metal (supposedly due to clorox shocks the previous owner had in inventory) and had us dump half the water and do 1 treatment of metal free and another powderlike product... then another one. After had, they didnt test it but said it should be good, 'ready' for shocks, ash and tablets, which we have been using. We have wasted over 300 not counting the price of the water and the pool is still green. I was using the store test strips and the numbers were looking ok today except for fci which was high, but i read here those tests are no good. The filter seems to need a backwash everyday if not twice per day. I will keep looking here for info on where to get your recommended test kit... as of now, i have an inventory of soda ash, 3" tablets, power powder plus shocks, the old clorox products, and the not good test strips.
Fyi: there were even medium sized frogs in there, havent seen them for 2-3 days.
It has been over 2 weeks and i dont see any progress... can you recommend me any initial steps?