Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has anyone used one of these?

1. Back To Top    #1

Has anyone used one of these?

Hanna Instruments pH Tester HI98103 ?

35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Has anyone used one of these?

No I haven't used that one, but we use a couple of other Hanna Instrument testers for testing the water from our private sevage treatment system. They seem quite basic and easy to use and work ok for that purpose.
    Indoor pool appr. 27'x13'x5', rectangular, concrete pool with epoxi coating, Sand filter with 1.5 hp pump, Electric heater + heat pump, Automatic system for chlorine and acid
    2 lights, 300 W each

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you get one you will also want to buy some buffer solution to calibrate it from time to time. I calibrate my meter about once a month and thus far it has never been off by more than .1
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

4. Back To Top    #4

I just used it for the first time. Very cool...like the Speed Stirrer.
    Where it helps me is if my pH drifts to 7.8 and anywhere beyond, I couldn't really tell by color exactly how high it was. I never knew how much Muriatic Acid I needed to add the get back to my target.
    This thing gives you a reading to 1/100 of a point.
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

5. Back To Top    #5

The important things are calibration, care of the tip, and make sure to always keep it stored in storage solution
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~