Pentair Minimax NT Ignitor Issues

May 6, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I recently bought a house with a pool. The pool was built in 2003 and all the equipment is original. I keep having issues with the pool heater. It is a Pentair Minimax NT, 250,000 BTU's. At first it would not ignite. So, the pool guy recommended I replaced the ignitor. I did and it worked perfectly for a week. Then the it stopped working again. I removed the ignitor and the metal spot at the end had fried off. I replaced the ignitor a couple more times with the same result. I don't even know where to start from here. Being as the pool heater is 13 years old I don't think I should start to throw parts at it to try to resolve it, unless I know that it will fix it... The ignitor has 70 amps going to it.

What is the volt reading you get on the ignitor when the unit sends the signal to it to light? Also, what did you replace it with a Pentair part or some other manufacturers?

The control module could be sending a higher voltage to the ignitor and thus blowing it apart.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.