It's a new year and I have the same problems. Please help.

I'm still not clear on the brown substance at the bottom of my pool. It moves easily if brushed and comes up with my robot cleaner. 12 hours later it seems to settle back in the same places. Could this be brown mustard algae and what you are referring to as 'fighting something'. I'm new at this.. just wondering.

A CC above 0 generally means that your chlorine is interacting with something in the pool. It's hard to say if the brown stuff is algae, or piles of pollen, or something else. Either way, a SLAM is in order. :)

Just to make sure, you put 10℅ bleach in the percentage on pool math.. If so, that is correct and start your slam, the first addition is always the most...

I am using my phone so please excuse any spelling errors and short response. :)

Just to make sure, you put 10℅ bleach in the percentage on pool math.. If so, that is correct and start your slam, the first addition is always the most...

OK, you good.. [emoji2]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Prefect, brush and drop some water

Just brushed, pumping to waste to lower the level of the water. I re-tested afterwards and I'm at:

FC: 16
CC: 1

Should I still add more liquid chlorine? I removed my solar blanket to clean/brush. Should I try to put that back on?

I should have clarified that I sucked the brown stuff out of the pool (or tried to) this morning when I pumped to waste using a pole, brush, tube to skimmer basket. The areas I removed it this morning had it again tonight when I just rebrushed the pool (without a pump to waste since water level is ok). It could still be a pollen that is blowing in since it is uncovered. -shrug-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.