Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool alarm?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool alarm?

Can anyone give some insight on those pool alarms - - the kind that either float in the pool or sit on the side that go off if a person falls in?

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Pool alarm?

Most have too many false alarms.

For children, the type that require them to wear a bracelet work best if you can ensure that children wear the bracelets.

The sonar based units work better than the float based units as far as false alarms.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Lafayette Louisiana

I used a PoolGuard above ground pool alarm. Worked well with no false alarms, but I would take it out if the weather was really bad to make sure it would not go off. Model #PGRM-AG. Have an autistic daughter and was very worried about her wandering out to the pool. I keep high latches on all backyard doors and did lots of research before I chose this alarm.
    21 foot above ground round; 10,000 gallon; Pentair Dynamo 340210 1.5 HP pump; Pentair Sand Dollar Filter SD-60

4. Back To Top    #4
    Conroe, TX

Great question!

I've been researching primarily for my dogs, but seem to have hit a roadblock - they are under 10 lbs. following post for more info.
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread