FC .6
    CC .6
    PH 7.4
    TA 160
    CH 150
    CYA 60
    Temp 90

Looks like I need to bring FC to 24
    That means I need 8 gallons of bleach????
    Outdoor, 16x42 30,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Heat Siphon Heat Pump, AquaRite T-Cell15 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with my 1st SLAM

Yes. 8+ gallons. Cheap compared to pool store chems!!! Buy some extra to maintain the slam values. TFP recommends lowering pH to 7.2 before a slam. You're close at 7.4. Up to you on that.

3. Back To Top    #3

8 gallons is just the first dose. You'll need more to maintain 24 FC.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as this
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm getting there!!IMG_5469.jpg
    Outdoor, 16x42 30,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP Hayward pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Heat Siphon Heat Pump, AquaRite T-Cell15 Chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

Uh-oh, hope recycle day is soon!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

I got FC up for 30 (target was 24) and it went to 18 overnight. Do I bring it back up to 24 today and try again tonight with the OCLT?

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

You should be checking/adding multiple times per day to keep it at 24. There is no need to OCLT until the water is clear.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok, the water is very clear, and has been for 2 days. It is a struggle to keep it at 24...

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

If it is a struggle to keep it at 24 that means it's being used up by something!

How are your CC #s looking?
    32K gallon Plaster - 1hp Hayward 2 speed Super Pump - Hayward S200 Sand Filter - TF100XL
    Test Kits - Pool Math - Chlorine/CYA/Target/Slam Chart

10. Back To Top    #10

Since you need to test and add chlorine at night and in the morning anyway there is no reason not to.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach