Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cheap chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Cheap chlorine

FYI....Menards annual BOGO on chlorine is going on now....12.5% at $3.99.
    23,000 gallon gunite with waterfall, radiant heat, sta rite system 3 cartridge filter 450 sq. ft., 1 1/2 HP

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cheap chlorine

DING! Time to make the trip and get weird looks from customers and staff alike.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Has it always said "Limit 6 free gallons per guest." on the ad? Don't think I've ever been held to that!
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

figures, not 1 store in OK
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

I just load up a cart...take to the car....go back in...load another cart....etc. Until I get to the 75 gallons or so I need for the season. They don't seem to mind.
    23,000 gallon gunite with waterfall, radiant heat, sta rite system 3 cartridge filter 450 sq. ft., 1 1/2 HP

6. Back To Top    #6

You buy your entire bleach for the season at one time?
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    You buy your entire bleach for the season at one time?
    With 12.5% I wouldn't normally do that. The first purchase I usually make in May, the Julian dates are about 16085 - 16110 most years. I'll buy about 20 now. Then in July or so, I'll go and buy more either there or at Fleet Farm. By then the Julian dates are likely 16140+ so it's fresher. Incidentally, Fleet Farm used to have 4 gallons of 12.5% for $9.99 for most of the summer. It's $14.99 this year.

Bought 16 gallons, there was only 1 on the shelf when I left. They had about 12 more on a pallet back in their staging area after I had loaded my cart. The Julian date on those was about 15 days newer but I didn't feel like reloading the cart again...

8. Back To Top    #8

Ocean State Job Lot has 12.5 for 3.99
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

9. Back To Top    #9

I store it in my basement....usually stays around 65 degrees or so.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks. I was checking add for store here, don't see BOGO, but is $3.99. Discription says 12.5% and-
    Liquid pool chlorinator is one of the best options to reduce cyanuric acid levels
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale