Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hey folks

1. Back To Top    #1

hey folks

great site here. I already got some great info from here. I live in North jersey and have a small 14x28 basic rectangle ig pool (4 years old). Was able to get it 8 foot deep but had to settle for a shorter shallow end because of it. Have been opening and closing it myself for the past 3 years, couldnt see spending 350-400 dollars to pay for someone to do it. This year was the first year I had some algea, not alot but enough to cover the bottom. Had a problem getting a chlorine reading until I came here(thanks for the great info) I was a little skeptic on using bleach until I read it here and it worked great.
    14,000 gallon in ground plaster pool with Hidrazzo goulstrem blue finish with infinity edge and spillover from spa, Pentair challenger 1 1/2 HP filter pump, 2 HP Pentair challenger spa jet pump, Hayward 30" sand filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Raypack 5100 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink PS8 controls, Kreepy Krauly

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: hey folks

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, it truly is a fantastic eye opener when you arm yourself with a good test kit and develop a core knowledge of water balance that allows you to do for yourself, more cheaply and more easily than what you had paid others to do all along.

Now you can enjoy your pool and keep it trouble free.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

3. Back To Top    #3
    South Carolina

Yep, BBB's a real eye opener!

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Welcome! Congrats on having a Trouble-Free Pool!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner