New Pool - Orlando Florida

Who is building your pool? Mine in winter garden has been sitting dormant the past 3 weeks with no one showing up after the gunite phase. I am wondering if this was normal for you as well. Artesian is building ours.

From what I've learned from TFP and my Gunite sub there should be a 4 week wait before plaster. During that time shell should be watered down 2 or more times daily. They did start tile work a few weeks after gunite and plumbing after 3 weeks but that was back in March. PBs are busy now and I'm still waiting on plaster after 3 months from the shell. Hope to get the screen cage put in this week and then get in line for the plaster.

I considered Artesian. They seemed professional but expensive and after talking to about 8 PBs chose my ma & pa PB.

Yeah! My Pool Screen Cage subcontractor arrived at 10 a.m. Not at 7 or 8 am. but glad to see 2 men and a truckload of pre-assembled screen sections. I don't know if they will finish today as it is a fairly large job 43'x33' plus the 15'x30' Lanai.

Will be posting pictures later when there's something to see.

Just caught up with your build Irwin and you're going to have a fantastic pool. First thing I thought of when I saw your pictures is wow look at those beautiful hills (heh, any bump in the ground can be considered a hill as you get closer to south Florida)!

I hope your finished by the 4th, good luck. Our PB gave us that estimate as well but we may be delayed a week by our landscaping work (we were told as well to have landscaping, irrigation and fencing done before the pool finish and fill was completed). I'll be checking in on you.

Just caught up with your build Irwin and you're going to have a fantastic pool. First thing I thought of when I saw your pictures is wow look at those beautiful hills (heh, any bump in the ground can be considered a hill as you get closer to south Florida)!

I hope your finished by the 4th, good luck. Our PB gave us that estimate as well but we may be delayed a week by our landscaping work (we were told as well to have landscaping, irrigation and fencing done before the pool finish and fill was completed). I'll be checking in on you.

Thanks for visiting. I already did my own sprinkler work and hope I won't need any landscaping for final inspection by the County. (HOA might be another story). I will be fencing my yard later but not required as the screen cage meets the safety requirements in lieu of fence. I also have almost completed installing baby alarms on all windows & doors. 12 out if 14 done.

LOL we would make due with a picture of the truck it came in on! LOL

Kim:cat:

Truck was a pickup with roof rack overloaded with screen sections. I should have taken a picture. They will have another similar load hopefully tomorrow and I'll get a picture of the truck and their work.

Wasn't much to see. Two men worked 2 hrs unloading the truck and putting up the 33' "Super Gutter" which will support the screen. Then went to lunch for 2 hrs. Came back for 2 hrs. removed the gutter, put in some kind of drip edge strip and put the gutter back up. Then put up the 43' Super Gutter and left for the day. 4 hrs. total work for the day. but all their tools are still here so should be back in the a.m. When they arrived at 10 a.m. they did say it will take them 2 1/2 days to complete.

Thanks Kim for all your visits & encouragement :) throughout this long and frustrating pool build.

Truck was a pickup with roof rack overloaded with screen sections. I should have taken a picture. They will have another similar load hopefully tomorrow and I'll get a picture of the truck and their work.

Wasn't much to see. Two men worked 2 hrs unloading the truck and putting up the 33' "Super Gutter" which will support the screen. Then went to lunch for 2 hrs. Came back for 2 hrs. removed the gutter, put in some kind of drip edge strip and put the gutter back up. Then put up the 43' Super Gutter and left for the day. 4 hrs. total work for the day. but all their tools are still here so should be back in the a.m. When they arrived at 10 a.m. they did say it will take them 2 1/2 days to complete.

Thanks Kim for all your visits & encouragement :) throughout this long and frustrating pool build.
I found this to be the case over and over eith the contractors. Rarely did they work on the job more than 3 hours at a time. . The tume wasted traveling, forgetting tools, ect was quite unbelievable.

I found this to be the case over and over eith the contractors. Rarely did they work on the job more than 3 hours at a time. . The tume wasted traveling, forgetting tools, ect was quite unbelievable.

If they would do it right the first time............wow the money they would have! Instead they have LOTS of wasted time, gas, etc. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yay!!! Watching for pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the 1st pic that actually show a section in place.

The screen material is the fine 17x20 SuperScreen. I hope it doesn't cut off too much of the view. It will probably cut 50% of the UV and CL loss but be harder to keep the pool warm.

Screen%204_zpsjpyawyxr.jpg

LOL we would make due with a picture of the truck it came in on! LOL

Here's a pic of the truck when it arrived this a.m.
It wasn't overloaded like yesterday but they did bring more material.
They still don't have the panels for the Lanai as they ran out of the expensive material so who knows when they will finish. They have an excuse now - waiting for material.
At least I know they probably got the real Twitchell SuperScreen and not an imitation as it is not available from their supply house and has to be special ordered.

Screen%201_zps51jukthg.jpg

We must have been really lucky with our pool build -- every contractor came and worked hard until the job was done before they left. Extremely efficient and no-nonsense. Came in, did the job, left.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.