New Pool - Orlando Florida

0511161010_zpsbywb3p6y.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

0511160948_zpsbfteckz5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

0511160948a_zpstec3yuez.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah!! I got footers!!! Pavers soon. And 2 months ago it looked like this. Notice they (Golf Course not PB) trimmed the underbrush yesterday so I can see the lake :p.

0909151118_zps1ycpc2do.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Latest pic of the Equipment. Electrician is finished except for a 24v transformer for deck jet valve actuator.
0510161734_zpscy8ujmaq.jpg

They didn't say anything about keeping it wet. I'm going outside now and give it a little water spray.

This is not the pool shell. It is 8" deep by 12" wide footers with rebar. 43' x 33' length plus another 45' for the Lanai area.

If anyone has advise please let me know. Florida temperature was about 70 when they poured and in the high 80s during the afternoon. It is about 80 now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Long Live "The Beverly Hillbillies" TV series!

Saturday Update. Today the wood forms were removed from the footers and raised waterfall areas.

Thought I was getting pavers installed but seems they just needed the wood for another job.

Hoping for Monday or Tuesday but first they have to finish the brick coping and tile around the sides & back of the raised waterfall areas.

It Thursday already and not much done this week. They did not finish the brick coping but did tile around the sides & back of the raised waterfall areas.

Technically I think should be calling those raised areas "bond beam" since there is rebar and "concrete" in them.

They're here today!!!! :) Starting the final brick coping work on the waterfalls. Also connecting overflow line from skimmer to deck drains and installed deck jet nozzles.

One photo now more later if they don't get rained out.
Coping%20Prep%20Waterfalls_zpsluuoti1h.jpg

Pavers were completed after 12 hrs. of work on Tuesday. All that's left to do is the Screen and the Plastering.
I'm happy to be rid of the Mud but hoping for rain now to test the 4" drain system the deck.
But, I'm not a happy camper with the looks of the pavers. They did not closely match the existing ones in the Covered Lanai. You can see a bit of those in the foreground of the 1st picture below.
Also there should Not be White pavers in the mix. It sort of looks like a checkerboard. PB will not fix without charge for labor. Had told me they would not be an exact match yet he had taken pictures and samples when he ordered the Oldcastle Appian Amaretto pavers.

After 2 days I'm getting used to the pavers but still not happy. There were some leftover that I have saved and may try to replace a few myself. Also may try to stain them. I brushed some coffee on a leftover white paver as a test and it did stain it.

I'll be starting a thread about staining pavers later.

Pavers_zpsaec7o4cp.jpg
White%20Paver_zpsfrw9xvxu.jpg
White%20Pavers_zpstnu8x4m1.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.