Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opening pool robot question

1. Back To Top    #1

Opening pool robot question

Can I put the robot in and put it on before adding any chemicals? I am assuming yes since it says to keep it below 4 chlorine.
    25k Gallon Gunite Inground Pool
    Pentair FNS PLUS DE filter
    Pentair WhisperFlo WF-24 (seems like single speed)
    Bel Air, MD 21015

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Opening pool robot question

Yes. It will help mix any chemicals you do add. And the 4 FC is with zero CYA. That's actually way strong, like shock level. If you keep FC below shock level for your CYA, the robot will be fine. Unbuffered chlorine is what's so rough on robots and swimsuits and eyes.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Grand Rapids, MI

Re: Opening pool robot question

Predator, what's your water temp? Just so you know, last year I put the robot in service on opening and while it went through the motions, it went Veeeeeeerrrrrry verrrrrrry slowly Apparently its not fond of water in the 40s. Somewhere in the manual, it confirmed this. So don't be alarmed if yours does this -- its not broken, its just protesting
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains