Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stenner Pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

Stenner Pumps

Do I need 220V for a Stenner pump?
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stenner Pumps

As far as I know all are available in 110v models. You just have to specify at purchase.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

How do I know which pumps need a timer and which do not? I've read some post where people say you want the pumps that need a timer as the other type of Stenner pumps have a "clicking" sound.
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

All of them need a timer as you only want it to run when the pool pump is running. The clicking sound it made by adjustable rate pumps when you have them set for anything bellow 100%
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

5. Back To Top    #5

Stenner Pump Size

How does one determine which size Stenner pump to buy?

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: Stenner Pump Size

Here was my process....

Based on my pool size and 2 to 3 PPM loss per day of FC in the summer, I used PoolMath to determine I need about 36 ounces of 8.25% chlorine per day. Then I looked at the ounce/min capabilities of the Stenner pumps and determined I could inject roughly 53 ounces/hour with the 10 GPD fixed rate pump. That means I would need to run my Stenner less than 1 hour/day which seemed acceptable to me. That gives me the flexibility to run 15-20 minutes/day in the winter/off season when FC loss is lower and 30-45 minutes or more per day in the summer when FC loss is greatest.

I would still have some flexibility to run more or less if my calculations are off or if find I need more time to maintain FC levels. I just wanted to avoid having to run the pump more than an hour or so a day worst case. The 10 GPD also will allow me to still get the chlorine I need in about an hour or so if I switch to 6% bleach.
    12300gal IG PebbleTec w/7' raised Spa & Waterfall. Built Aug 2015
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS Pump, Pentair 420 Cartridge Filter, Ultra UV, Auto Fill
    EasyTouch control w/ Remote, Infloor Cleaner w/1.5HP Pump and Leaf Canister
    Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15gal tank, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator, TF-100 Test Kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Stenner Injector Placement

Where in relation to the pump and filter does the Stenner injector fitting get plumbed.

Thanks!

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Stenner Injector Placement

The injector should be on the return side after the heater. Many here drill and tap a hole on a elbow fitting on return side. Do a search on here there are plenty of pic's of injector installs. I will try and attach my setup pic.20150419_154653.jpg
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: Stenner Injector Placement

I dont have a heater.

So after the pump and the filter??

10. Back To Top    #10

Do you know what the Stener model number is for the pump w this GPD? They have so many...

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

45MPHP10 is the one most use it's the 10GPD 100psi model most get them form lokewell I got min form chemworld. Stenner 45MP Series
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

12. Back To Top    #12

Stenner Tube Question

4 related threads merged by moderator. Please keep related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Im planning out a Stenner pump install. I want to put the pump and the storage tank in my basement. I just have no rom for the storage tank near my pump and filter and they are right next to my basement wall outside the house. I want to run the tubes through the house into the basement. But from what i see the tubes need to be changed every few years.. So that eliminates siliconing the tubes in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i would accomplish this???

13. Back To Top    #13

TFP Guide

some plastic p clips like they use secure ice maker water lines and some butyl tape might work. Butyl tape is what they use to seal the windows and panels on some RVs. It's kind of like old fashioned window glazing a putty that never completely hardens but is good for sealing small wall penetrations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    I dont have a heater.

So after the pump and the filter??

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    yup after the pump and filter.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by atttech-2 View Post
    45MPHP10 is the one most use it's the 10GPD 100psi model most get them form lokewell I got min form chemworld. Stenner 45MP Series
    Do I really need the 100psi model? I've seen some posts where people have said that only the 25 psi model is needed.

15. Back To Top    #15

TFP Guide

You can use the 25 psi model, the only difference between the two is the included check valve that is rated at 100 psi. the pump and tubing are the same.

16. Back To Top    #16

Is a check valve necessary on the lower psi model?

17. Back To Top    #17

Re: Stenner Tube Question

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    4 related threads merged by moderator. Please keep related questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Im planning out a Stenner pump install. I want to put the pump and the storage tank in my basement. I just have no rom for the storage tank near my pump and filter and they are right next to my basement wall outside the house. I want to run the tubes through the house into the basement. But from what i see the tubes need to be changed every few years.. So that eliminates siliconing the tubes in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how i would accomplish this???

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    The tube that needs replaced is inside the pump itself, not the tube that carries the chlorine from the pump to the injection point. Google Stenner pump tube change and watch the Youtube video and you'll see where they are....
    20000 gallon vinyl liner in ground pool
    16' X 34' rectangular diving pool
    Hayward Pro Grid DE Filter
    Hayward 1 hp Super Pump
    TF-100 Test Kit Stenner 45MPHP10