Wet Edge Luna Quartz vs Primera Stone

So of course, the quote I had gotten was too good to be true - he forgot to include the buffing.

So it's actually more like a $2800 upgrade from Luna Quartz to Primera Stone. Which maybe is still pretty reasonable and worth it?

I just don't know though - getting hard to justify an almost $3k difference vs originally being told just over $1k difference, when we like the Luna just fine (but does seem the Primera is maybe really a superior product).

But we are saving a few thousand bucks forgoing the automation, so I suppose I could justify it that way.

Argh - decisions, decisions, decisions.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Im outside of Dallas and while there are few Primera stone users here on TFP the replaster contractor I picked is doing primera stone pools seemingly every day.

Im going to pick it because I like the finish and the idea that stains or anything else can be removed pretty easily
I went and saw one pool that had been recently done and the owner was very happy. The finish looked good.

Im now stuck trying to decide if I want to replace all the tile at the same time

We are in the same boat on finishes! Trying to decide between Primera Stone or Satin Matrix. I love the smoothness of the Primera but nervous about it because you just don't see it used very often, so concerned about experience of plaster crew with it/messing it up/not polishing it correctly etc.

When I talked to our PB's plaster guy and he said Primera Stone is the way to go. I love the look of the Satin Matrix (which is like Pebble Sheen) but my younger son's feet get so torn up in so many pools. The videos on WetEdge.com are very helpful. There is also a pool builder in Houston that has quite a few pictures of Primera Stone pools on houzz.com. I sent them a message and they were very helpful with response about Primera colors. (I wanted to get a third party opinion on Primera from someone not involved with our pool.)

Our neighbor has the Luna Quartz in Aruba and it's very pretty. Not too dark but not too light.

Right now we are leaning towards Primera Stone in either Tahoe Coast or Grigio Treasure. I need to decide asap. Good luck! These pool decisions are so hard! :)

We just had satin matrix put in and is so smooth. I thing depends on applicator. Also there is a good video about satin matrix vs pebble that's why went with wet edge. My buddy has pebble tek mini and came over yesterday and almost wanted to argue with me because said no way that is pebble to smooth. Asked me few times if Quartz. You can tell its pebble but has very very little roughness at all. We love it

We just had satin matrix put in and is so smooth. I thing depends on applicator. Also there is a good video about satin matrix vs pebble that's why went with wet edge. My buddy has pebble tek mini and came over yesterday and almost wanted to argue with me because said no way that is pebble to smooth. Asked me few times if Quartz. You can tell its pebble but has very very little roughness at all. We love it

Good to know! we really like both satin matrix and primera stone. Decisions!

Im outside of Dallas and while there are few Primera stone users here on TFP the replaster contractor I picked is doing primera stone pools seemingly every day.

Im going to pick it because I like the finish and the idea that stains or anything else can be removed pretty easily
I went and saw one pool that had been recently done and the owner was very happy. The finish looked good.

Im now stuck trying to decide if I want to replace all the tile at the same time

Thanks, good to know! Which plaster company are you using? Let us know what color you choose! :)

Sham, I think I know which pool builder you are referring to if it's near Preston and 380. Be careful if deciding using those colors. We've gone in there several times to just look at the tile and pool finish. One of the salesmen said he had made a mistake when doing the plaster color (I'm not sure if it was the main pool or the pool it flows into or both). What is normally used for that particular name, wasn't the correct color. They used something else, but I can't remember the name he told me. I think my husband wrote it down. I guess the pebbles were the right ones, but not the plaster. So, that color in their pool/pools will not be the same as what it should be. At least that's what he told us. The hot tub with azure treasure, I believe was done correctly though. I think my husband has some pics. I will see if I can find them...

Primera Stone has a finish that looks like terrazo tiles. I am not a big fan of that look for the pool. Although I love that the Primera stone finish is smooth and can be repolished in 10 years to look new again. From this thread, it seems that the "buffing" was a $ 2000 cost. Add cost of some touch up and draining and filling water etc, I guess we will be looking at a $ 3k cost for buffing/ polishing this plaster 10 years down the line.

The other thought was - will I want the same look again 10 to 15 years down the line.

Sham, I think I know which pool builder you are referring to if it's near Preston and 380. Be careful if deciding using those colors. We've gone in there several times to just look at the tile and pool finish. One of the salesmen said he had made a mistake when doing the plaster color (I'm not sure if it was the main pool or the pool it flows into or both). What is normally used for that particular name, wasn't the correct color. They used something else, but I can't remember the name he told me. I think my husband wrote it down. I guess the pebbles were the right ones, but not the plaster. So, that color in their pool/pools will not be the same as what it should be. At least that's what he told us. The hot tub with azure treasure, I believe was done correctly though. I think my husband has some pics. I will see if I can find them...

Thank you for this info! I was wondering because the pool looked darker than what I thought it would and I questioned two different people about whether it was really tahoe coast. I planned to go back with my sample and compare... thanks!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.