Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP first opening

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP first opening

We became pool owners last year.
    Closed mid November and took the cover off today to begin opening procedures. So happy to see clear pool with just a few leaves to scoop out and need to do a little vacuming. All thanks to TFP method 😎

24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AGP first opening

TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

SWEET! I love it when this kind of thing happens! Make life easier and cheaper! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice. Have a great swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks All - two hoses in now. FC at 15 and ph is 7.2 ������. Yippee!!!
    24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by lovestoswim View Post
    FC at 15 and ph is 7.2 ������. Yippee!!!
    ph test is unreliable when chlorine is at shock level
    18k gal AG Sand Filter K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Skitch View Post
    ph test is unreliable when chlorine is at shock level
    thank you skitch....I didn't know that about the ph. After filling chlorine dropped to 5 and ph still at 7.2 - water temp is 60 now...and going to get cooler this week. I wasn't sure if I still needed to slam with water temps so low. My Water looks great! Wish we had a heater...i would be swimming!

8. Back To Top    #8

The cooler temps will make the SLAM go faster due to the algae having the cooler temps and chlorine to fight at the same time.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    The cooler temps will make the SLAM go faster due to the algae having the cooler temps and chlorine to fight at the same time.

Kim
    I didn't lose any chlorine over night - do I continue with slam or just keep chlorine levels normal? Thanks

10. Back To Top    #10

So you did not lose any FC over night and your water looks great................do you have any CC? You can have .5 but no more. IF you have less that .5 CC you are done with the SLAM!

Kim

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    So you did not lose any FC over night and your water looks great................do you have any CC? You can have .5 but no more. IF you have less that .5 CC you are done with the SLAM!

Kim
    Suweet!!! Where's the easy button - I'm done with SLAM!! Thank you for your help!

12. Back To Top    #12

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Yay!!!