What's One More Pool in Central Texas

The finish color is awesome. Gorgeous pool!

Beautiful!!!

Wow the water looks so great already! Thanks for the info on the hue lights. Definitely post more photos with all the lights on and I'm sure the kids will be in the pool then too despite the cold. :)

"I'm not cold" said as they turn blue! LOL

That color will get even better as your brush and the water gets balanced!

Kim:cat:

OH the water is so pretty!

The Hue lights will be awesome! We've got them throughout the house and I LOVE them. Very fun!!

Thank You all for the complements on the water. We are very happy with it. They came and turned everything on yesterday afternoon and I have "Pool School" in about an hour. Sad to say that the water No Longer looks so good. All of the dirt that was in the pipes is now in the pool. I know it's to be expected and it will get back to it's former glory here in a few days; but it sure doesn't make you want to show it off while in this state. "Hey guys, wanna come see my muddy corvette?" If this process has taught me anything, it's patience...so what's a couple more days. On a brighter note (pun intended), got to try out the Hue Lights in the pole lights and they look amazing! Will get some pics and possibly some video of them in action (once the water is ready).

So the water already cleared up pretty good. There were a few spots in the deep end that were a bit heavy on the "cream" from the Stonescapes finish; so PB put 8 gallons of acid in. Can't swim for 5 days, but too cold for me anyways (kids weren't happy). So just gotta brush twice a day for 2 weeks and we should be good to go.

Upon going through Pool School, we noticed that when they moved the equipment pipes, they forgot to put the Drain back in. So we had no way of letting water out last night when we had a huge storm roll through. Luckily it only made it to the coping and never ran over. PB called me a min ago to let me know that he had already gotten it in place this morning.

Tucker, great thread, we're resurfacing with midnight blue, either quartzscapes or Stonescapes. I noticed in your thread you mentioned you didn't like the abalone shell option, can you be more specific? My buddy did Tahoe Blue with abalone spread out, and it looks good, but the Tahoe is more greenish, and it needed a little more pazzaz. . . I haven't seen anyone do midnight with the abalone shells, and am wondering if its too dark for the abalone. . .

The Abalone shells I saw were on a Tropics Blue mini pebble. I don't know if it was just poor execution by the person(s) who put them in, or what. There were areas that looked way heavier than others. Some areas seemed like there was barely any. Since this was the PB's daughters house, I assumed it would be the same installer.....didn't want to chance it. It was a real let down for us since we had initially wanted abalone put in.

Hi folks! Been almost a year since we completed our pool. Thought I would post some updated pics.

Bat-Face Cuphea's - Wonder how they got that name? They didn't survive the winter :-(

Phillips Hue canned lights (can change a range of colors or do "light shows"). We really liked this color combo with the pool light colors being green and blue.

Phillips Hue lights in the post lighting as well. Held up to the elements all year without issue. Never mind the plants and palms...this was December-ish.

Yes....that's a bottle flip and a "dab" in the same picture. That this annoys me confirms that I am officially old.

Thanks! Plan on power washing and staining the fence this weekend (if the weather holds out). Still need to get some décor in and around the beds. As well as a few things to hang on the fence. Some of the plants didn't make it through the winter....so I'll need to replace those as well. Draining pool a bit this weekend to lower CYA (@ 110).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a photo of your pool? We are building a 17' 1/2" x 33' plus a 9x9 spa and when they excavation took place it seemed really big, we requested to make it smaller but they said it will be another 4thousand dollar. Im extremely worried that is going to look too big in our yard. I would like to get a sense of your pool.

Also, the 17ft wide in your pool does not include the spa, correct?

Thanks!

Your pool looks fantastic! I really need to stop looking at build threads because I keep seeing ideas I wish I would have thought of namely your post lights. Would have been super easy to add during the build..

Do you have a photo of your pool? We are building a 17' 1/2" x 33' plus a 9x9 spa and when they excavation took place it seemed really big, we requested to make it smaller but they said it will be another 4thousand dollar. Im extremely worried that is going to look too big in our yard. I would like to get a sense of your pool.

Thanks!

Their size is in the signature line under their posts and there are pictures of the whole thing.

Kim:kim:

Thanks.

There should be some pics on the previous page. However if you are wanting something from a different angle, I can see what I have in my phone. If there is a certain view you would like to see, I can grab some pics when I get home later.

The pool is 33' from farthest point (deep end side) to farthest point (tanning ledge side). The 17' is the widest point of the pool. You are correct, this does not include the spa.

My personal opinion for your concern, is you will be plenty happy with the 17 1/2' wide. Once they add the gunite, coping, and plaster/pebble; it will look a bit smaller. I couldn't imagine my pool being any more narrow than it is. I know these times are stressful and since you are on this site, you are passionate about having the best possible pool for you and your family.....rest easy...it will come together perfectly. Let me know if I can help in any way with more pics. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Your pool looks fantastic! I really need to stop looking at build threads because I keep seeing ideas I wish I would have thought of namely your post lights. Would have been super easy to add during the build..

Tell me about it. During my build, my shopping list was endless. The post lights are one of my favorite features...especially with the Hue Lights in them. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.