Waterline tiles need repair

Hi,
I have 13 waterline tiles that popped off during the winter this year. I assume it is from water leaking between the coping and the joint with the cement deck which is tile covered. I am repairing this joint with new caulk this spring. The pool is gunite. I read an old thread that mentioned people had had some success with 3M 5200 marine adhesive for replacing the ceramic tiles to the wall. Any advice?
Thanks!

Thinset works as do a variety of other products. The critical thing is to understand why they popped (freeze/thaw) and do your best to prevent moisture from getting behind the tiles. Clean up the substrate really well before you start and you will find you can do a good job with about any adhesive.

I have some knowledge of 3m 4200 and 5200 on boats.. The 5200 is PERMENANT, basically turns into a piece of concrete, is waterproof, and pretty awesome stuff on a boat.. I have never seen it done on a pool but it should work the same....

Thanks ya'll! I believe the water leaked through via a crack between the coping/beam and the tile on the pool deck. I'm also going to check around the skimmer for leaks as the tiles are in that general area. I cut a 1/4" wide joint between the coping and the tile and am going to put in a waterproof outdoor expansion joint caulk over the top of a bead of caulk saver strip. That joint was originally just grouted and is cracked basically the entire 120 linear feet of pool circumference. I think that's been the major problem (besides me not having been able to hire a knowledgeable tile contractor;). Live and learn and glad to have found TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.