Checking levels

Feb 19, 2016
Orlando, FL
Hi, you guys got me going w/ some initial issues and understanding the basics. You guys were getting me to a balanced state on PH and CL and I've got a good handle on that, testing/adjusting daily things are ok on that front I believe. So now I wanted to see if there were any other long term numbers I need to start aiming at to get my pool balanced.

So right now my round of tests showed:

FC - 4.5
CC - 0
PH 7.9
CH - 400
CYA - 35
TA 45

I added a bit Chlorine and Muriatic acid - so I think I'm good on that part.
I looked at the Taylor guidelines a little that came with the test kit and plugged in my values and it shows my saturation index is around .15 which says can be corrosive.
So just looking for some guidance if I need to be worrying about other stuff.

Thanks,
Ray

Your numbers look pretty good Ray. Good you added some acid to lower the pH a bit. As for the CSI ..... Your best defense against abnormal CSI levels is the Poolmath Calculator. The CSI range goes from -0.6 to .6. Too low and you can damage plaster. Too high and you can run into scale. But your CH level of 400 is not too bad, and with FL rain, it may lower over time as long as you don't add any calcium products. On the calculator, enter all your numbers then watch the CSI row results. Adjust your pH and TA and you'll see how those two items can help you manage an ideal CSI number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.