Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward c7030 small hole in output elbow joint

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward c7030 small hole in output elbow joint

There is a hole in the elbow joint it look drilled out but i don't know why it there. I've attached a picture and am wondering if this was done by design or manufacturing error.
    Jam
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward c7030 small hole in output elbow joint

Welcome to TFP!!!

Where is that pipe going? What is it for?

Sure looks like that hole was put there intentionally, but I am not sure why.

FYI, that is a DWV fitting which is not designed for pressure applications. Usually best to avoid them and use schedule 40 PVC.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll try to explain a little better. that pipe in the picture is the factory made pipe that came inside my hayward pool filter c7030. I guess hayward needs some better mechanical engineers, if that's the case. It is part of the post filter, so I will call it the exaust pipe, after that connects to the piping that returns the water to the pool. So basically that hole allows a little leakage of the filtered water back into pre-filtered water, or worse allow prefiltered water to bypass the filter. Either way it doesn't seem desirable.
    Jamey

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm puzzled.. When I look up a parts breakdown for the C 7030, this appears to be an inlet pipe, not output pipe. Also when I look at pics of the actual pipe, it appears to be a one piece pipe not what you seem to have. So maybe I'm looking at the wrong filter, or maybe the pipe you have is a homemade POS...

Is this a new pool? Where did the filter come from? Who installed it?

At first glance, as the inlet pipe, I can't see where the hole would make any difference at all. Are you having a filter issue or just cleaning it?

Something is just not right...

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Calder Spa.