Unable to use TFP method this year ... help!

3 Questions regarding SWGs.

1. Since my pool is only 9700 gallons would the Hayward AQR9 be good (25000 gallons) or would it be better to buck up and get the AQR15 (40000 gallons)? The 9 could probably keep up with the day to day needs of the pool, but buying the larger T-15 would be the better value. It doesn't cost too much more and will put out way more chlorine over its life cycle. So day to day, you would be running the SWG at a lower setting to produce the same amount of chlorine and the cell would last years longer.

2. Does the SWG need to be hooked up to a timer or does it only work when water is flowing through it? Yes and Yes. If running a single speed pump it would be hooked to the same timer as the pump, so it only see power when the pump is running. With a VS pump that is controlled by an onboard timer, a seperate timer should supply power to the SWG only when the pump is running. The SWG does have a flow switch which prevents it from working when there is no flow, but that is designed as a safety feature and shouldn't be depended on as the primary control

3. Can you shock at a lower CYA level and bring it up to the 60-80 range after? Yes

RE. Plumbing, the SWG should be the last thing before the water returns to the pool.

Thanks! I got the manual and saw the diagram along with the 12" pipe rule before the flow valve and am currently trying to figure out how I'm going to route the pipes to get it to work. Not much space to work with. Does it matter how many turns, ups and downs are in the pipes from the heater to the return T-Valve?

I think there is 4 inches between my uprights for the curcupool SWG..

I have the SJ 40 and I think it would be a perfect fit for you and you get a "free" upgrade to the SJ40 ( they always have this :) )..
CircuPool® SJ-20 Salt Pool System

73upvXjh.jpg

I just wanted to thank everyone again. 2 more questions.

1. If i end up having to go with pucks this year with a freshly drained pool would I add CYA to get it to a certain level then start using pucks or start using pucks from the get go as the CYA will rise with each usage?

2. When testing CYA I noticed if you wait a couple seconds after adding the R-0013 the test solution clears up a bit which changes the number. Which reading am I supposed to go off? First read or after 2-3 seconds when it clears up a bit?

When testing CYA the instructions with the TF-100 say to shake the mixture before taking the reading.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.