Georgia Pool Build.... FIRED PB need advice please!!!

Just curious...the pic with the light niche shows a lot of exposed pebble as if an acid wash has already been done. Usually after applying the plaster but before the acid wash, hardly any exposed pebble is seen (plaster with pebble in it is trowled to a smooth finish). Then as the final step, the acid is sprayed or poured onto the plaster and takes away a thin layer of the surface plaster to expose the pebbles.

There is a lot of pebble exposed. And as they were working they were using a sprayer so I thought is was being acid washed...but as they were leaving the one guy kept telling my sister this NEEDS to be acid washed and told her to take his number, but there was a miscommunication bc the number is wrong.

pebble.jpg

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words!!!! I feel a lot better reading them. This has been very stressful, but I'm ready to push forward. I have the builder I wanted to go with originally coming out to look at what needs to be done today. He told us to keep wetting the plaster until he can get here this afternoon. Thank God for this forum....you guys are the BEST.

Thank you all for your support and encouraging words!!!! I feel a lot better reading them. This has been very stressful, but I'm ready to push forward. I have the builder I wanted to go with originally coming out to look at what needs to be done today. He told us to keep wetting the plaster until he can get here this afternoon. Thank God for this forum....you guys are the BEST.

that sounds great, best of luck!!! Hopefully he can set you all on the right path and get you swimming!

Do you think he was trying to get $$ for his self even though the work was done?????

That sure does look "finished".

:hug:

He kept saying the hold up was that they were short on money since they're a family owned company. He was so unstable that we wonder about a possible addiction problem to be honest. The neighbors are glad they're gone bc their kids have heard him daily yelling profanities on a daily basis. I've had to turn up the tv many days bc my son has heard this also! It was such a poor decision on my part to go with him. He seemed so nice when he first presented himself to us.

- - - Updated - - -

Sheree, that's an awful thing to have to go through, but you'll get through it. You cab obviously try to just sub out the work yourself, and with the help on this board likely get it accomplished quickly.

But here's another idea, it might help or not. If you have a good relationship with your bank, you might try calling them, explaining the situation and seeing if they have anybody they know of that has taken over pool builds for them. When I was building mine, I had a conversation with the bank(the loan officer specifically, who I've had a great relationship with for years), and he got me in touch with a guy who they knew had done some takeover type finishes.

The guy I spoke with had done 5 takeovers/finishes in the last year. Really nice guy. We discussed where I was, and we both agreed it was best to just get through my situation. But, the point is, there are guys out there that do this. You are not the first one to get sideways with a pool builder, and I doubt it's the first time your bank will have heard of either.

Regardless of your choice, ya'll will get through it.

From what I've read though, time is of the essence since the plaster is done, it needs water in it. I'm sure others with actual experience will chime in. How much of the electrical is done? How much of the equipment is plumbed in? Can you get power to a pump, and run the filter even if only manually? I'd think you could buy some time if you could get water in it and the pump/filter going?

Did I mention ya'll will get through it? You will!

Thank you....I needed that encouragement!!!

First.......breath............we got ya! We CAN get you through this!

Okay you have the equipment so all is good and things will go smooth from here.

The acid wash people........They will know someone that can help you get the equipment finished. They all know each other and know who does good work.

Some questions to make sure we are all on the same page:

-Is there power to the control box?

-Is there wire run to the equipment pad?

As soon as they do the acid wash you need to start filling the pool. Here is a link to how to start up plaster (talk to the acid wash guys about when you can swim in the pool):

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

NOW the hard part.......if there is no power to the pumps they cannot run SO you will need to find a way to move the water until you can get the pumps running. You can buy a sub pump for cheap at Harbor Freight or someone may have one you can barrow. You can and should set the sub pump up so it moves the water around the pool. When you add chemicals you should stir it up good with a straw broom with the sub pump running.

That will buy you some time to get the rest of the ducks in a row.

Do you have a test kit yet? If not look in my siggy to find the one you need. Until get the good one in you can get one of the cheap drops tests from Walmart. You need to be able to test:

-PH
-FC (free chlorine)
-TA (total alkalinity)

These are must have tests for starting up plaster. You will need the other tests soon but these three will get you through until the good test kit comes in.

Girl! I HATE this for you! How scary and sad........just think, you started out to do a OB then switched to him :( Do you have a restraining order against him and his family?

Let us know what you decide to do and how else we can help you!

Kim, you're the best. From what I can tell there is power to the equipment pad. The wires from the pumps however go into the equipment pad, but are not connected. I paid him for the completion of pebble July 1st. For the life of me I can't understand why these things wouldn't have been done between then and now. The salt generator is no where to be found. And the cell is not hooked up. I'm ordering the test kit now. Thank you for all of the great advice!

- - - Updated - - -

that sounds great, best of luck!!! Hopefully he can set you all on the right path and get you swimming!

I hope so too!! Thank you!

Let us know what the new pool guy says. We can and will support you in any way we can.

:kim:

I had the pool acid washed today....realized I didn't get the Tropics Blue color that I had picked. I got Aqua Blue. So disappointing, but there's nothing I can do now. They did throw shell in so at least it will sparkle ;)

The new PB said he'll get me a quote to complete the pool Monday. He did mention my light niches don't have ground wires so I shouldn't have passed the rough electrical inspection. We are currently filling the pool and the plaster guy said it'll be fine for a week or so before the equipment gets running.

This is happening one way or another!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Aww man Sheree! I'm so sorry to see this. I'm praying for you and I'm glad to see that you are getting help and some progress. It's small comfort right now but remember that everything does happen for a reason even when we don't know what it is. Hang in there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both colors are very pretty so it is not a bad thing other than you spent time, thought, effort to pick THE color THEN they put on the wrong one :(

Please make sure to read the link I shared about the start up of plaster. The method that is being done it the one where you CAN swim right away so that is a good thing!

I would still see about getting something like a sub pump to move water so you can add the chlorine when it is time to help mix it in.

I am hoping they are filling the pool right now to keep the plaster "safe" but will drain it to do the lights??

Girl what a ride you have been on :(

Both colors are very pretty so it is not a bad thing other than you spent time, thought, effort to pick THE color THEN they put on the wrong one :(

Please make sure to read the link I shared about the start up of plaster. The method that is being done it the one where you CAN swim right away so that is a good thing!

I would still see about getting something like a sub pump to move water so you can add the chlorine when it is time to help mix it in.

I am hoping they are filling the pool right now to keep the plaster "safe" but will drain it to do the lights??

Girl what a ride you have been on :(

Thank you for all of the advice and encouragement! You're completely right about the plaster color...the new color has grown on me. I am however very worried about this budging in my shell. :pale:

37134.jpg

The two top brands (but mucho $$$) are DryTreat 40SK and DuPont StoneTech. They run upwards of $150 per gallon so you'll have to check your square footage to see how much it will cost. Also, the stuff is not easy to get retail and usually has to be ordered through a wholesale supplier. You might call around to any masonry sub contractors and see if they can help you out.

The two top brands (but mucho $$$) are DryTreat 40SK and DuPont StoneTech. They run upwards of $150 per gallon so you'll have to check your square footage to see how much it will cost. Also, the stuff is not easy to get retail and usually has to be ordered through a wholesale supplier. You might call around to any masonry sub contractors and see if they can help you out.

Matt, would this be a one time expense?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.