Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New pool build in CA

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build in CA

Well I figured I should start a build thread to keep track of our project. Started getting bids and designs July of 2015, signed the contract in October and started the dig in January due to weather delay. The pool is 42ft long, 24ft wide in the shallow end and 18ft wide in the deep end with a diving board. The week we were supposed to gunite we added a 7ft hot tub so it got pushed back to today. Here are the pictures so far:

Day of the dig:
    12548851_1129111220434543_5918120089490326060_n.jpg
    12552565_1129200267092305_2120132775886429262_n.jpg
    12573097_1129307393748259_6397944760091396043_n.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build in CA

We enjoy pics that's for sure. Looks to be a very nice project. We'll be anxious to see the outcome ... as I am sure you are as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

That is a big pool!. Looking good.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for letting us come along for the ride!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Heavy night of rain filled the deep end:

Pool plumbing complete:

Pool Rebar complete:

- - - Updated - - -

Decided to add the hot tub:

Hot tub Rebar complete:

All ready for Gunite:

Plumbing tucked away under our deck:

6. Back To Top    #6

Today was Gunite day!!

These guys work their butts off, started at 6:30am and didn't leave until 5:00pm. Tomorrow morning I get to start watering it down......

7. Back To Top    #7

Sweet looking pool project! What is your start-up procedure?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Sweet looking pool project! What is your start-up procedure?
    Start up procedure??

9. Back To Top    #9

Here is a link to START some reading: A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members. BTW, do you have a good test kit yet? Pool School - Test Kits Compared

10. Back To Top    #10

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Bicarb seems to be the preference.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

I will have to talk with my PB about what his plans are once the pebble is installed.

No test kit yet, what would you recommend for a salt system?

Thanks for the replies!

Under Construction - Free form in-ground pool/spa, 24x42, 815 sq ft, 119' perimeter, 3.5-8 ft depth, 26,500 gallons, Triton II sand filter, IntelliChlor SWG, 3 Intellibrite LED lights, IntelliFlo VS pump, Easy Touch Control System, raised planter box & patio space TBD........

12. Back To Top    #12

TFTestkits.net

Here is a link to THE test kit we use and love. It is the best bang for the buck. It has more of the tests you will do daily. I am not sure about which to get for the salt system. It lists two tests. I will be watching to see what others say about buying both or one and why.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

13. Back To Top    #13

How big is that pool -- it looks huge!! The curvy edges look pretty!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Helen203 View Post
    How big is that pool -- it looks huge!! The curvy edges look pretty!
    The pool is roughly 42th long, 24ft wide at the shallow end and 18ft wide at the deep end. The hot tub is 7ft in diameter. Not sure about how many gallons, never bothered to ask the PB.

15. Back To Top    #15

I use the Aquatest salt strips, I think I've only used about 5 in 3-1/2 years. Salt tests have a wide margin of error and so does your SWG, both can vary by several hundred ppm. And my SWG works fine with the salt level anywhere from 3000 ppm to 4500 ppm. Salt is about getting into the ballpark, not precision. Ultimately, if your SWG is happy, making chlorine and not reporting hi/lo salt error the it doesn't really matter how many ppm of salt is in the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

16. Back To Top    #16

How many gallons?

39k gallon, Pebble Tec, waterfall spa, Pentair FNS60, Del Ozone, K-2006, built 2013, The Woodlands, Texas
    My Pool in Houston, TX:
    39,000 gallon, Pebble Tec, inground, spa, Pentair DE filter, Del Ozone, cleaner, 3 years old

17. Back To Top    #17

So dv are you saying we don't need to purchase the salt test?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

18. Back To Top    #18

Very nice build pics
    Thanks fit sharing

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

19. Back To Top    #19

Thank you, waterline tile and coping stone will be started once this rain storm passes.

Under Construction - Free form in-ground pool/spa, 24x42, 815 sq ft, 119' perimeter, 3.5-8 ft depth, 26,500 gallons, Triton II sand filter, IntelliChlor SWG, 3 Intellibrite LED lights, IntelliFlo VS pump, Easy Touch Control System, raised planter box & patio space TBD........

20. Back To Top    #20

Pool tile was installed today and the coping stone delivered. Have a few areas of grout lines and cut pieces that will need fixing. Other than that it's looking good.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast