Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cost of various plaster finishes

1. Back To Top    #1

Cost of various plaster finishes

Is anyone willing to share their quotes for plaster, quartz and pebble finishes? Here's what I have so far in Maryland, ~ 100 lf perimeter pool.

White plaster: Base
    Diamondbrite: +$3,000
    PebbleTec: +$11,500 over Base
    PebbleSheen: +$12,500 over Base
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Cost of various plaster finishes

Our quotes were $4K for Diamondbrite and $6,600 for PebbleTec. Our pool is larger and these were from 2013. We went for white plaster tinted with Onyx Diamondbrite at $0 to yield grey mottled plaster...which we really like.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Got this quote from my PB last fall. 750 sq/ft pool w/deep end.

Pebble Tec standard colors ~ no additives ~ net increase = $9,950.00
    New salt diving pool started in February 2016. Approximately 42x20 kidney shape. 100 sq/ft tanning shelf. White Plaster. 2 Pentair 5g Color LEDs and 1 Color Globrite LED. All Pentair equipment. DE filter. Kreepy Krauly 820 robotic cleaner. EZ touch wireless system. 860 sq/ft Techo-Bloc paver patio with matching fire-pit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks, bmore and rr -- I hope we can get a feel for costs around the country, but regional costs are most important to me

And rr, based on that, I am girding myself for my quote, lol. Did you chose a pebble finish in the end?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Helen, our upgrade to PebbleSheen from white plaster was about $1200.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Helen203 View Post
    Is anyone willing to share their quotes for plaster, quartz and pebble finishes? Here's what I have so far in Maryland, ~ 100 lf perimeter pool.

White plaster: Base
    Diamondbrite: +$3,000
    PebbleTec
    PebbleSheen
    Stonescape Minipebble

I'm still waiting for estimates for the last three.
    Not in Maryland but similar size pool. My total cost (not working with builder) for the pebblesheen was $5000. I believe plaster would have been about half that. FWIW, I think a lot of the cost is coming from materials cost from Pebble Tech.
    Construction underway.

33x23 freeform 16k gallon IG pool, pebblesheen, SWG in Austin, TX
    Pentair 3HP VS pump, Hayward 30" sand filter
    Build thread: New Austin, TX Owner Build

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

97 ln ft
    $3900 for Gemstone (Standard, Sandstone, or Designer Series)
    + $5/ ln ft increase for Radiant Fusion or Microfusion upgrade

I'm doing Radiant Fusion (comparable to Pebblesheen). My total cost is $4400
    The Radiant Fusion includes the abalone shells and the glass beads at no extra cost.
    This is the same finish martinkennedy has in his pool.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks, bmore and rr -- I hope we can get a feel for costs around the country, but regional costs are most important to me

And rr, based on that, I am girding myself for my quote, lol. Did you chose a pebble finish in the end?
    Helen, we stuck with plain old white plaster. We actually wanted to go with a grey, but the PB talked us out of it for several reasons. As nice as the PebbelTec looks, we have to draw a line somewhere with the costs.
    New salt diving pool started in February 2016. Approximately 42x20 kidney shape. 100 sq/ft tanning shelf. White Plaster. 2 Pentair 5g Color LEDs and 1 Color Globrite LED. All Pentair equipment. DE filter. Kreepy Krauly 820 robotic cleaner. EZ touch wireless system. 860 sq/ft Techo-Bloc paver patio with matching fire-pit.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by rccarps2 View Post
    Helen, we stuck with plain old white plaster. We actually wanted to go with a grey, but the PB talked us out of it for several reasons. As nice as the PebbelTec looks, we have to draw a line somewhere with the costs.
    I completely understand! Are you going to start a build thread for us?

10. Back To Top    #10

I completely understand! Are you going to start a build thread for us?
    Here is my build thread. Still waiting for the permit to come back, which we expect any day now. Digging to start once the ground thaws (low tomorrow of around zero, which is pretty cold for here).

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...E-Pennsylvania

11. Back To Top    #11

rc, as I recall, bmoreswim started his build on Valentine's Day. Not sure why I remember that, lol. Looking forward to watching your build -- you may be finished before I ever get plastered!!!

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

It's the second thing I think about each Valentine's morning since then. Our PB said the ground couldn't freeze deep enough here to stop the excavators equipment. It was a full size trackhoe.

In 15 more years I'll probably do a pebble finish of some type. They do look nice. Love ours for now though.
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking

13. Back To Top    #13

Bmore, it's only the second thing??? What could possibly be first???
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Actually on the dig day 2/14, I did forget the first thing...because I was awakened by the sweet sound of beep, beep, beeps!

15. Back To Top    #15

I got some gold from my PB-A today and though this thread might like it. Pricing for Wet Edge! From my builder at least. And what he was charging for Pebble Tec Tier 1. Hope this helps.

With this information it looks like I'll be doing the famous color Spool got. Yea!! Happy Dance!!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

Spool's color is amazing! Congratulations!

Wow on these prices! My PB is pretty expensive but his price on our top tier pebble is a real bargain. I'm sure I'm paying an outrageous sum for something else though
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

17. Back To Top    #17

What color are you looking at Nurse? Did these prices seem in line?

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm doing the Topaz. It's a very vibrant blue

[IMG][/IMG]

I am not familiar enough with the Wet Edge to compare the price. The Radiant fusion is the top tier (or very nearly) of the Gemstone/Finest Finish line
    Denise-TFP Guide

19. Back To Top    #19

That's beautiful and close to what we want. I think that's why Spool's caught my attention.

Going to read your build thread now!

20. Back To Top    #20

TFP Guide

Lol. You might want to wait and start with tomorrow's installment! So far, it has been a lot of nothing much except delays and waiting. Dig happens tomorrow

Spool's is a good one to copy!
    Denise-TFP Guide

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast