Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can you use a vinyl cleaner on a concrete pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can you use a vinyl cleaner on a concrete pool?

Like the subject says, I was just given a Hayward Navigator, but it it a vinyl model and I have a plaster (diamond brite) pool. Can I use it? I tried searching, but didn't turn up much information...
    8200g IG, Diamond Brite Plaster, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Pentair Pump, TF-100, Rainbow 320 Inline Tab Chlorinator [not used]

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can you use a vinyl cleaner on a concrete pool?

I would worry more about using the plaster cleaner in a vinyl pool than the other way. I don't know but the plaster cleaner might have "rougher" brushes than then vinyl.

This is all guessing on my part. You could call the company that makes the cleaner and ask them what the difference is.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Kim, why didn't I think of that?

I called Hayward, the only difference is the shoe. You can swap the vinyl shoe for a plaster shoe. Also, it is safe to use the vinyl shoe, but it will wear out faster.

8200g IG, Diamond Brite Plaster, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Pentair Pump, TF-100, Rainbow 320 Inline Tab Chlorinator [not used]

4. Back To Top    #4

I've had both (still have the vinyl one) and yes just the shoe is the different.

The vinyl shoes are cork.

You can find them on amazon if you want to switch to the nylon shoes for plaster.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.