Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorine is necessary or not

1. Back To Top    #1

Largo, Florida, USA

Chlorine is necessary or not

Is it necessary to put chlorine in spa for purification of water if yes then how much? What are the main benefits of it?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Chlorine is necessary or not

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

I have been using the following process for over two years to maintain my hot tub and it works great.
    How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Shallotte, NC

Brenda, it is necessary to put a SANITIZER in your spa. While there are several options for a sanitizer, we tend to recommend chlorine. A sanitizer kills the cooties inevitably introduced with the use of a spa. We couldn't possibly recommend how much, until we know more about your spa. As Duraleigh notes, time spent in Pool School is time well spent....

5. Back To Top    #5

Austin, TX

Do you have a spa that's connected to the pool? If it's connected to the pool, use the same sanitation that you use in the pool.

If it's a standalone spa, you have a few more options. I use bromine in mine. How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?)

Here's a discussion on chlorine vs bromine: New Hot Tub - Bromine or Chlorine

Pool: 16,000 gallons, 16x31, 500SqFt gunite pool, White Pebbletec interior, built by Cody Pools. Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, In-line chlor with Ultra UV, PV3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair Easytouch-P4 control. TF-100
    Spa: 525 Gallons, Coast fiberglass spa of unknown vintage and suspect previous care with a 2-speed main pump and a blower motor, both 4HP. 3-step bromine sanitized.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Tallahassee, FL

This thread is closed. They were a sneaky spammer!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!