Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clueless

1. Back To Top    #1

Palm City / Florida

Hello all,

Title says it.

Bought a pool with a house 6 months ago.

Stumbled on this forum when searching for info on my pool heater, and read a bunch of threads. This seems to be the place to be.

10k gallon, IG, plaster, some kind of cartridge, build 2000-2005, pool newb

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Clueless

OH yeah! Another Florida person! We might catch up to the Texas folks!

Shane, It is wonderful to see you. I love how you have already filled in some much needed info. to help us help you.

I think the best starting place for you will be in "Just getting started". Why don't you go start a thread over there and ask about your cartridge. We will go from there!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Melbourne, VIC, Australia

Re: Clueless

Welcome Shane,

There is a wealth of knowledge here so soak it all up.

I inherited my pool when I bought my house 5 years ago and stumbled along just doing what the pool shop told me to do.
    After a short month here I feel like I'm now in charge of my pool, not the other way around !

#1 tip - If you haven't already, get yourself a *good* testing kit.
    Taylors 2006 or TF-100 are the best you can get and what most folks here use.

39,000 litre (10,000 US gallons) IG vinyl salt water, Waterco S600 Sand filter, Zodiac Tri Chlorinator, Hurlcon E Series 230 pump