Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's your ultimate pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's your ultimate pool?

Mine is 50 yards long, 6 feet wide, 6 feet deep for nothing but laps. Add in some marble (looking) columns for long flowing plants and vines. If I had the space (and the money I'd build it

I'd settle for 25 yards tho'
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's your ultimate pool?

Bob, I'm sorry, but I have something very different in mind for a dream pool

6 Feet wide!!!??? What kinda party can you have in there?

Mine would be out on my large, secluded ranch. It would be indoor/outdoor, pretty big sized, with a large 20' deep end (for scuba divers) with a rock cliff over-hang. It would have a swim up bar, attached lazy river, and a grotto with a bar and accommodations that would house two couples overnight in luxurious comfort. Waterfalls and natural scenery galore. It would employ a full time pool man, bartenders, and cocktail waitresses as needed.

Everyone on TFP is invited for the big summer bash every July.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Martin Kennedys pool.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Bob, I'm sorry, but I have something very different in mind for a dream pool
    That's ok, that's why everyone can have opinions <G>

6 Feet wide!!!??? What kinda party can you have in there?
    I view pools in terms of my ability to exercise and swim. I love to swim. Floating doesn't do much for me <G>

Mine would be out on my large, secluded ranch. It would be indoor/outdoor, pretty big sized, with a large 20' deep end (for scuba divers) with a rock cliff over-hang. It would have a swim up bar, attached lazy river, and a grotto with a bar and accommodations that would house two couples overnight in luxurious comfort. Waterfalls and natural scenery galore. It would employ a full time pool man, bartenders, and cocktail waitresses as needed.

Everyone on TFP is invited for the big summer bash every July.

Sounds nice. And to be fair, if I had the money to build my dream pool, I'd build another one for the wife, who much prefers to just float and wade around and isn't nearly so much into the swimming aspect <G>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Martin Kennedys pool.
    Don't understand the reference?? Who's Martin Kennedy??
    Central TX / 12K GAL / IG / SWG / DE filter / Pentair SVRS & 3 swim jet pumps / Spa bench and jets / Single body of water / No heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

Martin Kennedy's pool. Look at post 345.

New build in South Texas - Page 18

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry- I normally hang out in the Under Construction thread where his pool is quite well known.
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

6. Back To Top    #6

Ah yes...I have followed and tried to put my jaw back in it's socket from looking at those photos as well. Truly an amazing pool.

I still just want to swim laps, but I guess I could get used to that pool if it was forced on me

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

+1 Marla!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks friends!! Your too kind. I was out swimming in the pool this morning with some oldies on the sound system.

9. Back To Top    #9

Love the oldies! Kinda describes me!!
    Marla

10. Back To Top    #10

Yea, me too. Every time I see the "senior" member on many of our descriptors, I cringe. I don't need the reminder, thank you....

11. Back To Top    #11

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Yea, me too. Every time I see the "senior" member on many of our descriptors, I cringe. I don't need the reminder, thank you....

+1 Marian!!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

13. Back To Top    #13

I already have one.... mine .

Since switching to TFP methods, it's been cruising along with no water-balance issues at all, no algae, no D.E. Filter issues (I can go a min of 3-4 months between Backwashes since switching to Bleach, FC/CYA Chart, etc).

My longtime Pool Repair/Maint guy stopped by the other day for an unrelated issue and looked at the pool and said "it's looking great."

When I bought my house the pool was already there. If I were to have installed my own pool, I'd probably have chosen a rectangular pool vs my kidney-shaped pool.
    - Pool Type: 15k Gal Gunite IG non-SWG / Built 1988
    - Pump: Pentair Challenger / Sweep Pump: Letro Model LA01N .75HP Single-speed / 6 hrs-day (1 turnover)
    - D.E. Filter: OEM: Nautilus (Pentair) #NS 36 / 36 Sq Ft / D.E. Charge: 3.6 Lb
    - Pentair 4-wheel Sweep LL505G - Booster Pump runs ~2 hrs/day