Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rebuilding The Backyard

1. Back To Top    #1

Rebuilding The Backyard

We're finally getting the backyard put back together. Won't be doing any real planting until the spring.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rebuilding The Backyard

Congrats and looking good! Unless $$$ are the issue, if you plant now, your plants won't be stressed in your heat next summer as they will have all winter/spring to establish root growth. Just food for thought...
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

$$$ isn't an issue. We want some banana trees and palms. We want to give them a good chance being newly planted headed into winter. We get frosts and occasional freezes here.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice job! It look great! It will be fun to see the bigger plants in the area.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I got an 8 foot tall Pindo palm that I swept snow and ice off last year. Made it just fine.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

Like that Palm. May have to plant that one in the spring. Just don't want to plant anything this close to winter.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm with you, Shock. I did chance moving a few roses and camelias just to get the structural stuff in place last week before the landscapers came to lay some sod and mulch, but I am saving all additional plant work until spring. Did you lose much small stuff during construction?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Not really. We didn't have any planters in the back yard. Did loose all my grass though. We added a nice big paver wall behind the pool also to plant a palm and some other things.