Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salsiccia from Australia

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Salsiccia from Australia

G'day folks,

Just joined this site and looking forward to some helpful tips and advice.
    This is the first time I've managed my own pool and I'm learning there is a lot to it - knowledge and $
    39,000 litre (10,000 US gallons) IG vinyl salt water, Waterco S600 Sand filter, Zodiac Tri Chlorinator, Hurlcon E Series 230 pump, Taylors K-2006C Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Salsiccia from Australia

G'day Sal
    welcome, yes very helpful people on here, as a newby myself the best advise I can give is if you want to get the best guidance from TFP community, get yourself a pool test kit right away.
    Pool
    55,000L (14530 US Gal) in-ground concrete with pebble surface
    "Puraflo" salt water chlorinator with sand filter and Aquatight Pinnacle Series P450 pump.

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Welcome Sal.
    As Crunchy mentioned the best thing you can do is get the right test kit. It's the best investment you can make in your pool. Being in Australia there are a couple of options which we can give you some info on. The best thing about doing things the TFP way is that it it will save you a pile of money by taking control of your own testing and avoiding recommendations of pool stores and pool services which are more interested in lining their back pockets.
    Keep reading all the information on the Pool School Tab and ask any questions as they come to mind.
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi guys,

Thanks for the tip re the test kit, that was one of my first questions. I've had my pool for about 5 years now and so far I've relied on the pool shop testing and telling me what to do. While that's easy, I don't like not understanding what's going on and I did quietly wonder if they were just fleecing me.

I have a couple of testing kits, but they are basic and old - I did buy a pack of strips last year as well.

Before asking any dumb questions I'll go check out the Pool School tab as you suggested Jezza.

Nice to see a couple of other Aussies here as well - its ironic when Qld and WA are considered local to me - lol !!
    39,000 litre (10,000 US gallons) IG vinyl salt water, Waterco S600 Sand filter, Zodiac Tri Chlorinator, Hurlcon E Series 230 pump, Taylors K-2006C Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome! Aussies rule the site in our off season. And that is fine by us! We're here to help everyone who want to learn!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter