Goldline to EcoStar - controls not operating pump

Nov 29, 2015
Dove Canyon
I installed a new EcoStar VSP pump this yesterday and the Goldline controls are not starting the pump. I followed the instructions connecting #7 on pump to #2 on PCB and #8 on pump to #3 on PCB. When you press the Filter button on the Goldline controls, you can hear the relay engage but the filter doesn't start. All other aspects of the controls work properly (valve rotating between pool & spa, lights, etc..).

I used the configuration menu to indicate a variable speed pump, set the pump output % and set the timers. Still nothing when the filter button is replaced. I connected the Hayward control panel (provided with pump) and the pump operates perfectly. Primes, turns on, off, runs at desired speed. Given the pump is working fine, I'm fairly sure I have a communication issue between the Goldline and the new pump.

I do have a message displayed "Check System Pool Bridge Comm" which I haven't figured out yet. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

SP3200SR / SP3400VSP
Main SW 2.87
Display SW r2.00 S:40
RF Base Software r1.2 ID:5931

It could be a few things preventing the pump from running.

1) Have you checked the software versions?
2) Have you set Remote Control Mode to Standalone/Hayward?
3) Have you set the COMM Bus Address so that the pump and controller match?

Once you've checked and resolved those things the pump should run as commanded.

Much Appreciated!!

I have checked #1 & #2 (all good) but missed #3. I found a brief description of the COMM Bus Address in the manual (sec 6.6). I toggled through the menu on the pump and selected "Pool Filter". Is there anything else that I need to select or enter? I checked my Goldline controller and it doesn't have any COMM Bus Address information.

Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.