Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dog issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Dog issues

I searched but didn't really find anything, and I'm also not sure if this is the place for this...

I have a great dane and a vizsla that poop a lot. After just getting my new sod last week I'm curious what everyone does with dog poop?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dog issues

We taught our dog to pottie on command and when she uses the dog door on her own, we taught her to only go in one area.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Not sure how this is related to swimming pools. Can you trade them in for a couple of those Yorkshires?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Hmm, I guess this is the "everything else" forum. LOL. Cut out a decent sized portion of your sodded are, install pee gravel or similar, teach dogs to us that area only. Problem solved.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

We have a large dog (part Rhodesian Ridgeback, part hound) which obviously means large poop. We discovered that if we fed her the high quality meat feeds there is less residual. We have been using Iams High Protein, but recently have started on the Costco Kirkland high protein formula.

Skippy keeps a shovel handy to pick up poop with and toss it into the woods before he mows.
    Ive actually seen an advertised company that will scoop poop in your yard for like $5-10 per week.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

YippeeSkippy makes a good point about the type of dog food you use, the cheaper ones have a lot of fillers which go right through the dog. It helps that our Mastiff likes to do his business under bushes which help keep things out of the walking areas.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Pea gravel and training, lots of training, will do the trick. If you want/need training ideas/help just let me know.

Lime will also help after the training to keep the area "fresh".

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Our first winter with a dog... Can't wait to figure out how to get her to go outside in the snow to do her business when she's a sissy about even walking on wet grass...
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

You get to go out first and shovel paths to where you want them to go. I can remember times where the paths were taller than the dogs. We lived in Alborn, which is north of Duluth. It sometimes snowed higher then the snowblower auger opening.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

10. Back To Top    #10

Give your kid two bags - one as a glove and one for disposal.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

install pee gravel or similar
    Now that is one fine Freudian slip!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School