Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

Question: How do I measure depth?

The iron work was done today and afterward I went out and tried measuring to make sure they got the depth right. If the water is supposed to be 5', how deep should it be now? And where do I measure from, the ground or the Re-bar? Where do I stop measuring?
From the dirt to the top of the re-bar along the top is 5'9", do you think that would result in 5' of water?
Sorry for the stupid questions, but thanks for any help you can provide.

Add about 6 inches for the gunite and plaster. Can you tell where the skimmer is going to be? Measure to the middle of the skimmer box. IF you have any questions or concerns after your measure bring it up to your PB right away!

When do you think they will shot gunite?

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed that when they did the iron work they formed out the benches but not the steps. Is this normal?
Do they just free form the steps with no re-bar?

Just our first step was done with the iron. The additional two were just the gunite fwiw don't know if that is normal.

¡pǝʇɹǝʌuı sɔıd ǝɥʇ ʇsod ʇ,upıp noʎ ʇsɐǝן ʇɐ
˙pןınq ןood ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnןpoob
a3d9bfa7ece5148d3458a09c982d71d0.jpg

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

It might be a good thing they did not shoot the gunite! Call, text, email your CM with a picture of what you are talking about.

Kim
I did do that, waiting for a response.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

¡pǝʇɹǝʌuı sɔıd ǝɥʇ ʇsod ʇ,upıp noʎ ʇsɐǝן ʇɐ
˙pןınq ןood ǝɥʇ ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnןpoob
a3d9bfa7ece5148d3458a09c982d71d0.jpg

I obviously have issues with photo bucket, they were rotated properly there but when I posted them here they were 90 degrees off ;)

I noticed that when they did the iron work they formed out the benches but not the steps. Is this normal?

It is common for one or two steps to not have rebar. Rebar is necessary for the structural integrity of the pool shell. If the stairs aren't integral to the pool shell then rebar is not required.

I did do that, waiting for a response.
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I obviously have issues with photo bucket, they were rotated properly there but when I posted them here they were 90 degrees off ;)

I was just having fun with you and wanted to show off my awesome skills at inverted typing [emoji41]

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to share your pics (we like pics) and posts!

Totally normal. They will form the steps with the gunnite.

BTW, your yard is even smaller than mine, but if you look at the link in my signature, you'll see how nice a pool in a small yard can turn out!

The junk about screens and the SWG is total nonsense. Don't let that be your deciding factor. If you want it, get it! I have it on mine and love, love, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.