Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

Just wanted update this thread, as we are starting construction today!

So, after 5 PB designs/bids and lots of debating, We went ahead and signed with one of our top 2 builders. We don't have all the materials picked out yet, but here's what we're looking at...
    IG Gunite Rectangular Pool 8x32, 4ft-5ft in depth. (Small excavator)
    Wet Edge Satin Matrix Interior ( haven't decided on color yet)
    6x8 spa with 6 jets, 400k BTU heater
    6x8 tanning ledge with two bubblers
    3 colored LED lights
    Travertine Coping
    12" raised wall along back side of pool as we're up against the easement (32') with split faced Travertine on wall face. Two sheer descent water features
    300 sq ft decking, Spray Deck and spray deck overlay of existing patio 150 sq ft
    Jandy 2hp VS pump, Polaris 9350 robot cleaner, cartridge filter ( don't recall size, but was one of the smaller sized ones), Rainbo in line chlorinator, IAqualink remote control

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.
    Wish us luck, and I'll try to keep you all posted on our progress
    Last edited by Mamiamjo; 11-02-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Updated

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ready to sign, Cypress/Tomball TX new pool build, small yard

We would also love to see some before pics of your yard. Maybe even paint the pool on the area!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Congratulations...once you sign we would be interested to know why you selected your PB. I am in the process of getting quotes and it is not easy. Just making the comparison is tough.

Good luck and we look forward to lots of pics.

Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Only thing I would change is the chlorinator. You really don't want to use pucks for chlorine. You will only want to use bleach or liquid chlorine for your daily sanitation. Or you can get a SWG added. I love mine so I'm a little biased.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

It's been an hour, is that Photobucket account set up yet?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by pabeader View Post
    Only thing I would change is the chlorinator. You really don't want to use pucks for chlorine. You will only want to use bleach or liquid chlorine for your daily sanitation. Or you can get a SWG added. I love mine so I'm a little biased.
    Thanks for your input. I thought about a SWG, but the pool is only 4 feet from the house and heard there were potential issues with corrosion to window screens and such that close. I was figuring on converting to using bleach, but didn't really think about a liquid chlorinator. Are there any you'd recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    It's been an hour, is that Photobucket account set up yet?
    Went out this evening, but I'll try to get something up tomorrow ��

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Most house screens are made of nylon or vinyl now a days. Sounds like something a PB would say. I would only be concerned with the coping around the pool. Sometimes in TX they use a local supplier that has softer stone and that might show some discoloration from splash out. Up to you. Can always be added later.

Some folks use a DIY dispenser made with a Stenner pump. Others use something called a Liquidator. A little searching around the forum will bring up many threads. And I'm sure some folks will be along soon to comment.
    Bob - Palm Beach by San Juan Pools. approx 5000 gals., Pentair 320 cartridge filter (all new guts installed by me), Goldline SWG, 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Intermec 104 Timer Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

8. Back To Top    #8

Looking forward to this build! I also had a very small space to build. Good luck to ya!
    Shotcrete 21x11 pool with raised 11x5.5 hot tub, 7' spill over. 1"x1" lunata bay mosaic tile and travertine coping. (Not sure of plaster yet) 1hp whisperflo pump for returns and water feature. 3hp whisperflo for 6 waterway jets in hottub. 3 jandy nichless lights. Hayward T-9, PS4, TA60 sand filter. Broke ground Aug 5, 2015 Aiming to be done Sep 10, 2015

9. Back To Top    #9

Here is a drawing of the proposed design, if I can figure out how to post it.Premier Pool Design.JPG
    We've switched the location of the steps and the swim out bench from this drawing, but other than that its good.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a computer generated drawing. We have a 7 foot easement along the back of the property that we're right up against which unfortunately limits what we can doAttachment 43736

http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/mamiamjo/media/Pool%20Design%20and%20Construction/Premier%20Pool%20Design%20Overhead_zpsslaetzt7.jpg.html?filt ers[user]=144216607&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

10. Back To Top    #10

You did it! I can see the drawing! It looks like your have used every bit of ground you could!

What and when is your next step?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Is that a 360 spa with water falling on all sides? Nice compact design.
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks good similar size to the one I'm having built minus the spa. Will be watching the build
    10k Gal, IG Gunite, 10' X 28' X 5.5', Quartz, Hayward Ecostar VS 2HP, Hayward 325 sq ft, 2" plumbing, 2 24" sheer decent, 2 bubblers in tanning ledge, Hayward LED, Build Date Dec. 2015. auto pool cleaner suction side. Suntrek Solar panels, Taylor K-2006

13. Back To Top    #13

Re: Signed! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

Howdy! I'm in the Cypress area

Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.

14. Back To Top    #14

Just thought I'd update everybody here. We will be breaking ground tomorrow morning. Wish us luck
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

15. Back To Top    #15

Alright! Let the fun begin! Gonna be a fun summer!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

16. Back To Top    #16

Re: Under Construction! Cypress/Tomball TX New pool build, small yard

It is tomorrow! Are they there yet???? LOL

Let the mud begin!

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

It's underway! They are using their smallest excavator, which is great because we don't have to take down the neighbor's fence, but on the down side, more trips back and forth tear up the yard.
    I'll try to get a pic or two posted later.

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

Congratulations!!! How exciting!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

19. Back To Top    #19

Oh man it is REAL! Take lots of pics and share them!

KIM

20. Back To Top    #20

Let me see if I can remember how to post a couple of photos. They used the small excavator and the dig took about 3 1/2 hours. They started at 8:30 and disappeared at noon. I had to call the PB to see if they were supposed to do anything else, I guess not. Anyway, here a couple of before photos and an after one. OBVIOUSLY, I need help with adding and removing photos Back Yard Before.jpg

Well the link should work anyway...http://s1036.photobucket.com/user/mamiamjo/media/Pool%20Design%20and%20Construction/Premier%20Pool%20Design%20Overhead_zpsslaetzt7.jpg.html?filt ers[user]=144216607&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=4
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast