Gold Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Nebo, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New pool owner here, first time closing by myself. You guys have been great and I bought the kit early summer and really have had a trouble-free pool all summer! It stays clear, and I've added baking soda and used the tri-chlor tabs all summer - and that was it.

Now as I am closing, my CYA is suddenly high. I've read all about that the only solution to lowering the CYA is to dump and re-fill. Have done that twice, but obviously not enough, as my CYA remains at 90.

Here are my readings yesterday and today: PH 7.6-7.7, FC 11, CC 0, TA 100 and CYA 90.

What's the risk of closing at those levels? I must close in next two days as it's going to start raining and get very cold.

THANKS for all your help.

Having high CYA over the winter is no problem. As long as the water is below 60 close away. If you have a mesh cover rain over the winter will help reduce the CYA.

Now, during the winter you want to to read through Pool School so you understand why you don't want to feed your pool a diet of trichlor tabs.

Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.