Skim Doctor?

I don't see how increasing the water velocity inside the skimmer would help. It's the higher velocity surface water flow at the skimmer throat that improves the skimmer operation.

I am new the forum and this is my first post.

I have the SkimDoctor 1.0 as well and it does not help. What ends up happening is that the SkimDoctor aerates the pump and blasts the sand filter which causes the sand to end up back in the pool. If you have an underpowered pump then you can use the SkimDoctor as a remedy to increase the flow. If you have a VS pump you probably can put the pump at a lower duty and get the same results.

The issue still arises with aeration because if the water level falls to a point where there is not enough head pressure then it might flow properly. Once the water level dips ever so slightly, the pump starts sucking in air, the pressure gauge bounces around, and once the pump re-primes the air in the system gets blasted out from the return jets along with sand (not good).

I've allowed rain to raise the pool level by another inch or so and will see how the SkimDoctor can handle the extra water. It's kind of gimmicky with most likely paid Amazon.com reviews. Going to browse this forum for a surface skimmer or something that actually works.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.